TV History - Questions

My thoughts were Mike Drayson too when i heard the first clip. The last time i heard his voice on TV was for an ad for Demir Leather a few years ago.

1 Like

Speaking of Steve Britten…
Tony Martin did a send-up of Steve’s piracy warning.

YouTube: Tony Martin’s SIZZLETOWN

9 Likes

Have you ever posted something on Media Spy that wasn’t quite right?

3 Likes

“You wouldn’t download a Media Spy thread…” :thinking::thinking:

6 Likes

Why did channel 10 axe Good Morning Australia (1981 to 1992 edition)? It had a head start on the Today show.

Was probably not rating well by the end and therefore an easy cost cutting exercise.

1 Like

Ten would replace it with The Big Breakfast hosted by Tim Bailey.

Which would have been cheaper than GMA and even then that didn’t last long either.

1 Like

And 30 years later: Channel 10’s new breakfast news bulletin only gets 44 viewers. Channel 10 just has to find a way to ruin something.

Does anyone know where I can find this Channel ten tv movie?

1 Like

When did Southern Cross Ten introduce their 2005 logo?

1 Like

Ummm

5 Likes

14 August 2005

1 Like

Do you or someone else have any clips about the debut of that logo?

No, sorry. I don’t

When the ABC expanded into the Broken Hill Area, why did they have Broken Hill receive transmission from ABN in Sydney? Wouldn’t it make much more sense to have ABS from Adelaide broadcast into Broken Hill instead due to the time zone difference?

As far as I know, ABC Broken Hill has always been a relay of ABC TV Adelaide, unless that has changed in recent years.

The star was introduced with the promo in the below video (start at 30 seconds)

From memory, there was a “teaser” version which ran for a couple of weeks beforehand referring to a new star in town without any further elaboration.

NB/ this was the third result on YouTube for “Southern Cross ten promo 2005”

5 Likes

I remember one of the main reasons is the NSW Political news that airs during the 7pm news.

My understanding too is that Broken Hill (ex-ABLN2) has always been fed from ABC (ex-ABS2) Adelaide, though in light of the comment below, they may temporarily switch over to ABC NSW during state election campaigns (as ABC has done in Albury in the past, where it was usually fed from Melbourne but switches to a NSW feed during NSW state election campaigns)

Unless there has been a permanent switch for Broken Hill to receive ABC NSW but given its timezone and proximity to Adelaide and South Australia it makes better sense to keep it as ABC SA.