TV History - Questions

Looking back on it I’m a little surprised than NBN3 Newcastle didn’t do that as well. Though on weekends did occasionally remain on air until around 2am

1 Like

Thanks!

Not sure if this counts - Channel 10 - 4 - and 5a

1 Like

Does count - thanks!

That’s an novel way to do local content …

A 10 mins “What’s On” program at 5pm and then 20 mins local news from 6:10 to 6:30 …

1 Like

They do.

Probably around that time. Was probably around the same time NBN 3 Newcastle used it too

1 Like

Just wondering. Back in the late 80s Early 90s one of the prominent Australian sketch comedy shows put out a series of sketches that were a spoof of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Only were Frogs. Also seem to remember the Shredder pisstake was covered in kitchen utensils.

I can’t remember if it was The Comedy Company or Fast Forward. Plus I haven’t been able to find any of them on YouTube

1 Like

I know Full Frontal did a send-up of Power Rangers which featured Ross Williams covered in kitchen utensils.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Does anyone know when WIN’s Toowoomba news bulletin first moved from its Toowoomba studio to its Rockhampton studio in the 1990s?

According to the clip below, the Toowoomba news team were still presenting WIN’s Toowoomba bulletin as late as 1992 at 6.30pm as opposed to WIN’s other Queensland bulletins which aired at 6pm.

2 Likes

That’s a good question. Apart from Pat O’Shea on sport and Arther Copeland on weather, who are the other 2 presenters? And also interesting that Win News was broadcast at 6.30 as opposed to 6pm in other markets during that era?

1 Like

At the moment, I couldn’t honestly tell you who the main newsreader is. I thought it might have been Carolyn Barlow, but I don’t think it’s her. Yeah quite interesting considering WIN Toowoomba was a part of the WIN Queensland network after aggregation. I’m thinking studio production of Toowoomba bulletins moved to Rockhampton some time between 1993 and 1995, based on videos I’ve watched on YouTube, before moving back to Toowoomba in time for the new Sunshine Coast bulletin in 1998.

1 Like

Which show once did a parody of “Two And A Half Man”, portraying them as a silent-era comedy trio called “The Tramp” or something like that? Pretty sure it might’ve been on Channel Nine, during the period when they flogged the show (and I think I saw this moment a few times).

The only sketch comedy program on the Nine Network I can think of from the time is Comedy Inc. It might be that?

2 Likes

Pretty sure it might be from later. Around 2009-2010 perhaps, maybe an Ellen skit?

Ben Elton Live From Planet Earth perhaps?

2 Likes

What a fart in church that was

3 Likes

I watched that ‘Girl Flat’ sketch, what a disaster that was.

2 Likes

Didn’t Southern Cross run a Darwin bulletin in the early 2000’s? If so, does anyone have any vision or caps?

1 Like