TV Blackbox Awards

I hope you don’t mind me posting this but I would love input from the Mediaspy community on nominations for the awards we will be livestreaming on November 28 - the night the Logies were meant to be held.

This is an open document, so you can obviously screw with it but I’m taking it on face value that we all love the industry so I’m hoping people here will help and not hinder. If it’s not your thing no dramas, but if you’d like to contribute please do so via this google doc: TV BLACKBOX AWARDS NOMINATION FORM - Google Docs

Thanks, Rob

3 Likes

I’m nominating 10 for everything :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Is there anyway I can contribute without going onto the Google Doc? (I don’t want to give my identity away on the live doc - not that I have anything to hide haha :crazy_face:)

All good if I can’t.

1 Like

You should be able to add to the document anonymously now. I can’t see who is adding text unless you sign in.

1 Like

Haha you’re allowed to do that

1 Like

Me too but I genuinely mean it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nice idea. Looking good so far.

1 Like

Apologies to the mods as I know you are not always fans of self promotion, but I just wanted to take the opportunity to remind everyone the first ever TV Blackbox awards will be broadcast tonight on our website.

Many members of the MediaSpy community contributed to building the lists of early nominations which we really appreciated, so we hope you will join us for tonight’s broadcast.

Rob has gone all out with the production values on this one and I suspect you will be impressed with the guest list!

4 Likes

Is it the biggest tv awards ceremony this year?

Good luck!

1 Like

Good luck with the awards tonight. I hope it runs smoothly

1 Like

Wasn’t this meant to start like 10 minutes ago? not a great start :joy:

An 8.30pm start now, by the looks of it.

Not a big fan of Rob McKnight ‘trying to be funny’… he clearly is not…

2 Likes

Looks like everyone had the same idea. I’m demanding a recount in the Morning Show category. I think a few votes for Studio 10 may have been “lost”. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Poor Rob…Been over 5 minutes of Technical issues :frowning:

4 Likes

Now around 20 minutes of the standby screen…

EDIT: And they’re back!

Impressive guest list and production. Shame about the technical issues. Hopefully next year will be smooth sailing!

4 Likes

I think once is enough… the Logies has a full production team while we had me and my wife in our garage and a friend playing out the show in Sydney.

Too big a job tbh… but thanks

5 Likes

fair

I’ve just skimmed through the show a bit but really bloody impressive Rob, especially being the work of only a few people. The virtual set and graphics look slick (not sure about the diamond-shaped live cross boxes though), not to mention the guest list of people you got involved!

Never mind the technical issues - I’m sure the majority of viewers for this won’t be live so can just skip past those anyway. More importantly it’s 100% more content than we’ve seen from the actual Logies for the last two years. You should be really proud of what you put together.

3 Likes