Triple M Network

I’d expect so - given it’s all going to come to a head.

I don’t think they will. They only stayed on air past 9am because it was a developing story with many unknowns. Tomorrow we actually know that the party room meeting (if there is one) will be 12pm. Why bother staying on-air until then.

2 Likes

Brisbane TV commercial

6 Likes

I rarely see a Triple M ad on telly in Sydney.

You can see some elements that are also in the Gold 92.5 commercial.

1 Like

The footage of Sting (between 0:03 and 0:06) is old now. I’ve seen that on Triple M Melbourne’s ads, in fact I’m fairly sure that is in the 3MMM studios in South Melbourne.

1 Like

Hot Breakfast ad from 2016. They’ve had a few versions of these since the show started.

3 Likes

All the regional Triple M’s have a similar version.

It is. The scene with the church in the background is also on the balcony at SCA Melbourne.

1 Like

I’m constantly seeing that 2Day FM ad in Sydney where Grant taps his Gold Logie.

They really do themselves no favours with ads like that

4 Likes

And no mention of the Brisbane drive show on the ridiculous shift of 3 - 4pm? Rex must really hate that show.

with mix 94.5 in perth losing the last ratings to nova
might be time perth went Mmm in perth my insider at Sca reckons might be on the cards in 2019

1 Like

How on earth is that going to help?

3 Likes

Just because you’ve gone from No.1 to No.2 surely does not call for a rebrand…?

Not unless you’re MML.

1 Like

It’s only going to help SCA for internal purposes and for advertising. Shouldn’t have any impact on ratings assuming everything else on air stays the same.

They tried a Triple M in Perth in the mid-90s when Austereo owned 96fm, and again a few years ago as a digital-only station. Both failed.

2 Likes

The digital station failed almost solely because it was digital only - it would have had the same fate regardless of name.

But yes, Triple M has a poor history in Perth and it would reckless slap the Triple M brand on a top performing station.

One poor survey’s no cause to panic - any chatter about renaming the station is due to the network wide rebrand. Theres been talk of Mix changing for nearly 2 years. I hope it doesn’t happen, but if it does it will have nothing to do with ratings.

3 Likes

Yes an east coast network brand in parochial WA - what could go wrong?

2 Likes

When did SCA scrap Triple M DAB Perth?

I recall the fanfare when it launched. But it must’ve been a quiet departure.

doesn’t seem to hurt Nova does it.