Triple M Network

LstNer / LiSTENr / LsTiner/.

The brand that no one can spell. The brand name no one can pronounce.

I hate it when my caps lock gets stuck. It’s a first world problem but it’s so AnnOYiNg.

12 Likes

It’s pronounced Listener, but spelt with no e’s and stylized as LiSTNR for the logo/brand use.

And often the way companies stylize for branding purpose isn’t carried over to to general everyday use either.

Listnr, not that hard?

5 Likes

I reckon SCA should take the random use of caps lock and missing letters to their other brands:

TriPe m - HMe of RoC, SpOr and cOmdy.
2DYfM - thE HTs U LvE frOm 9’s to nW

Losing a few letters matches the 2DayFM slogan / positioner anyway, as it’s already lacking any reference to the 80s music they play.

9 Likes

Moonman has settled his dismissal case with SCA/Triple M?

5 Likes
3 Likes

Seemingly not Prestige property: Alan Jones and Lawrence Mooney lists their Southern Highlands homes

2 Likes

That’s a shame. I was looking forward to some of the gory details about his demise being revealed.

2 Likes

Was always going to happen. Neither side wanted the dirty laundry (or is that dirty laundry live? :rofl:) aired in public.

7 Likes

I’m sure for the right price it will get aired anyway.

2 Likes

Bound to be some sort of confidentiality clause preventing either side from commenting on it.

4 Likes

It will come out after a few drinks for sure. In vino veritas applies for Mooney.

2 Likes

2GB’s Ray Hadley sticks up for Triple M’s Anthony Maroon after ‘distressing’ incident. - RadioInfo Australia

5 Likes

I guess it imply Anthony could consider to leave Triple M and join 2GB if Ray still calls the shots over there. I think Anthony is a good caller it would be good to see him on the ABC with Andrew Moore and the team. I am not a caller but if I was, nothing is better than calling the games at the ground like the ABC does on a regular basis. Maybe the money would not be as good.

Ray has no doubt had his challenges over years too with his staff that went very public and in court.

2 Likes

Listened to audio of the incident and it was clear Maroon was very agitated and distressed by that exchange. Reminded me of a bunch of schoolyard bullies expecting their victim to just go along with the “joke”. I think Maroon has had his struggles in the past so it’s concerning that the higher ups at SCA have ignored his complaints about the conduct of his colleagues.

7 Likes

I just had a listen to audio. It was in poor taste the whole thing, I wish they just stick to talking footy.

Really bad. I feel sorry for Maroon. I enjoyed his calls of footy on i98FM and when he did the breakfast show at i98. I hope we can hear from him soon. He probably needs a break then get a fresh start somewhere else.

Happy Ray highlighted this but his past isn’t all roses.

5 Likes

Hadley never misses an opportunity to sink the boot in - off the top of his coverage of the matter, having a crack at SCA about him not being on several regional MMM stations now.

The whole thing was odd - Maroon gave them an “off ramp” to finish the conversation and the other three knuckleheads were too stupid to take it, after which it was almost as if they forgot they were on the radio and were having some kind of discussion in the pub.

Theres also a weird tension the whole way through that suggests that there is are a series of really damaged off-air relationships

7 Likes

The whole things a train wreck. Where is the producer stepping in to get them back on track? Where is someone senior listening in and calling in to intervene? Nothing.
And the allegations that he’s contacted his bosses and had no response. Disgraceful if true. That’s workplace bullying and not acceptable. Triple M and SCA management have a lot to answer for here.

7 Likes

Yes, I doubt Hadley would have made the same statements had he still been on the regional Triple Ms.

5 Likes

Ray does have an axe to grind after his show was taken of Triple M regionals. I would of liked Ben Fordham or someone else to brake this story just because of Ray’s history of alleged bullying in respect to the various staff members in the continuous call team. Whilst this Triple M issue should be talked about, it doesn’t sit right for me for Ray to brake the story, given his alleged history.

At the very least avoid giving examples of how he (Ray ) knew how to fix issues and could resolve them quickly which wasn’t always the case. Just give the ego a break when talking about this sensitive problem it doesn’t help the situation, given it has been well documented his alleged behaviour has had an adverse affect on people he previously worked with. Ray may argue it was unintentional etc, but best don’t go the morale high ground with this Triple M sensitive issue. But he did. Ray being Ray I guess.

Hope Maroon bounces back strong.

4 Likes

Exactly - the segment should have never been allowed to have unfolded in the way it did and there’s plenty of blame to go around for the fact that it did.

6 Likes