Triple M Network

T’was a fault with Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. MMM Aussie ran short. Content director to get a smack on the bum from Fitzy later this morning.

5 Likes

Alternative Rock is a Radio Format Triple M needs to take Seriously on Digital Radio, Look at Absoulte Radio in the UK, They have a Station thay plays Alternative Rock and Emerging Artists, But we Aussie want a Station that Plays Alternative and Indie Rock from the 90’s to Today.

4 Likes

Have been listening to Triple M Soft Rock a bit lately and quite like the playlist. Heaps of variety and they seem to dig deep. Don’t think the name “soft rock” does them any favours. The playlist actually reminds me a bit of what the regional Triple M’s sounded like a few years ago before they aligned with the Capitals. Maybe a name like Triple M Variety or real music variety should be used. Just saying “it’s a good listen”.

4 Likes

Yeah I enjoy it too. At times it reminds me of some of the broader and softer rock songs FM104 used to play - mind you they also played a lot from the Classic Rock playlist too. I also think the ‘soft rock’ name needs to go. I like Triple M Variety.

3 Likes

Agree, and get rid of the Rock Song Dedications program with the awful voiceovers (if its still on).

4 Likes

Yes don’t really think The love god does them any favours. Also amusing how the M digital stations are saying “no talk” today……the don’t have announcers anyway

4 Likes
4 Likes

Tut tut…

1 Like

I’ll be blunt. It’s people like Lawrence Mooney that have forced me into lockdown for another week. I can’t even think about business owners or those with mental health issues that are suffering more than me.

From the St George Dragons players to Triple M announcers - do these twits have no idea they are in the spot light? Can we ask SCA to do what the Dragons did? A $50 000 fine?

Dead Set Morons.

Triple M. Triple Your Lockdown.

Triple M. Rock, Sport and Lockdowns.

Is this the station that just went talk-free for a day to promote mental health?

P.S. I did read the story and his excuse is BS. He understands how a virus spreads; person to person and not according to an individual’s residential address as held by the Australian Taxation Office.

18 Likes

Mooney doesn’t have much respect for rules judging by his previous comedy show making light of his speeding and DUI.

6 Likes

Ben Fordham picks a fight because he really needs to boost his ratings. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

With his Triple M breakfast program only scoring 4.6% during the most recent survey (the 2nd least listened to Sydney commercial FM breakfast show, only ahead of 2DayFM), I’d imagine that Lawrence Mooney is also hoping for a ratings rise to come out of this lockdown breach controversy.

2 Likes

Good on Ben and The Daily Telegraph for highlighting Mooney’s behaviour.

Mooney is either a liar or an idiot. It’s harsh but that’s the reality.

To all the Triple M listeners who would rather be at the pub right now, thank Lawrence.

If Triple M take no action against him, then their No Talk for Mental Health Day was just a load of corporate shit. Again, harsh but it’s the reality. Lockdowns do harm mental health.

17 Likes

So an idiot either way then.

7 Likes

Well said mate.

4 Likes

NSW Police confirmed in a statement that officers spoke to Lawrence Mooney at his Sydney home yesterday and found that he travelled to Byron Bay on Friday, July 2. Police issued him a $1000 Penalty Infringement Notice for breaching the stay at home direction.

11 Likes

Becko has left 2MMM. No announcements on why just yet.

3 Likes

Notice his Twitter is currently set to private. Wonder if he’s gotten into trouble there.

2 Likes

Sydney breakfast anchor Chris Page didn’t return from the non ratings break and is said to be on “extended leave”. There was a mysterious comment made on the show last week that Jess Eva was the only one of the team that didn’t get into trouble during the break.

5 Likes

Steven Price to take over the morning show? :slight_smile:

3 Likes