Triple M Network

Isn’t that their audience though?

If the current logo is the future, the future looks pretty grim.

But you’re right, they probably don’t want any reminders of when they were a successful top rating station. i.e. the past :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, sure. I’ll take it on as a life quest because I really care about what happens in America. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

There are two versions of the current Triple M logo - one with & another without Dr. Dan.

I much like the one with Dr. Dan.

It’s a big half-arsed though, given that they relaunched their new logo MINUS Dr. Dan, only to re-instate him at a later stage when they launched the Slash/Triple M “There’s Only One” campaign (which was also brilliant).

2 Likes

The Spoonman looks like will join Triple M Hobart (Brian Carlton).

https://www.bandt.com.au/brian-spoonman-carlton-joins-triple-m-hobart-breakfast/

5 Likes

It looks like the Home and Away font. Is that their market target?

3 Likes

“MMM Flamin’ Aussie”

2 Likes

Yes Dr Dan does still live on to some extent.

5 Likes

Triple M rocks 1989 2019.

4 Likes

Starting from today (Friday Nov 1), Triple M launched its new lunchtime show (12-1pm weekdays), “Generation X”, showcasing music from the 80s, 90s & selected 70s. It’s unclear on whether it applies to just its metro stations or includes its regional stations.

Source: Radioinfo

7 Likes

[quote=“TV-Expert, post:2175, topic:95, full:true”]
Starting from today (Friday Nov 1), Triple M launched its new lunchtime show (12-1pm weekdays), “Generation X”, showcasing music from the 80s, 90s & selected 70s. It’s unclear on whether it applies to just its metro stations or includes its regional stations.

Coffs Harbour airs it. Port Macquarie doesn’t.

4 Likes

Triple M Melbourne (unsure about other markets) are doing ‘Cold 10’ countdowns this weekend. I’d say it’s a condensed version of the ‘Cold 30’ they used to do, possibly with safer music.

They are now doing March 1987, and just played Ship of Fools by World Party. :+1:

5 Likes

Good idea! I’ll have a listen to Sydney this arvo and see if they are doing the same.

WSFM do the mini countdowns too on the weekend and they are a good listen too.

2 Likes

Yes it’s on Triple M Sydney. Great stuff. 1984 now.

3 Likes

Was just out in the car listening to it whilst driving around Newcastle, made possible by the current ducting event.

They picked a great year there too, including songs including from artists that aren’t traditional Triple M Sydney staples, such as Phil Collins, Wang Chung and Elton John

1 Like

Pure speculation here, but I have a suspicion that MMM Greatest Hits will take on the ‘Triple M Romeo’ name that was registered back in September.

Also looks like Dave ‘Higgo’ Higgins is finally returning to the Ms, at least on DAB:

4 Likes

I heard bits of 4 of them this afternoon.

3 from the 1980s (82, 84 and 88) and the other from 1991.

2 Likes

How I dream that they bring back the cold 30 at night!

6 Likes

Me too!

It’d be heaps better than that awful voice they use for “Rock Song Dedications”.

At least the music on it is pretty good.

4 Likes

How does Romeo relate to the Triple M brand in any way?

4 Likes

No idea.

It’s not bogan enough.

It should be called Triple M Brett.

4 Likes