Top Gear

The BBC has released the trailer for season 32.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

The BBC stopped production on the motoring show earlier this month after presenter Andrew ‘Freddie’ Flintoff was seriously injured in a car crash during filming, and they have no plans to restart as BBC Studios are awaiting the findings of an investigation into the incident, and also want to give the 45-year-old former cricketer time to recover.

As a result, the show won’t hit its usual deadlines to return to screens in the autumn.

A source told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: “Cast and crew are still reeling from the shock accident and there is concern about the future of the show.

3 Likes

BBC announcement that they have abandoned filming of the latest series.

4 Likes

That show has fallen off the radar a fair bit since Clarkson Hammond and May left.

1 Like

I suspect this is the end of the line - which is a bit of a shame, I thought the BBC had finally found a hosting trio that made the show watchable (after spending a decent amount of time trying all sorts of stupid shit, like having Chris Evans host it)

5 Likes

Yep, the latest incarnation was highly watchable. If Freddie is leaving, then I hope they just shove it in the garage, cover it up and walk away rather than go through another five years of tinkering.

2 Likes

The Mail on Sunday UK reported yesterday that Top Gear “will not come back for another series” and that “its production team has been quietly dismantled”.

3 Likes

That’s a shame… it never really recovered after Clarkson Hammond and May left. And to think pretty much all because a production crew chef wouldn’t cook Clarkson a late dinner (I think that’s where it all started anyway).

2 Likes

BBC after months of speculation has announced that TOP GEAR won’t be returning.

Was an amazing show for over 40yrs, that became a stable around the world thanks to Clarkson, May and Hammond.

5 Likes

Nine was quoting a report in The Sun UK, the BBC hasn’t made it official yet.

2 Likes

How is it possible that Top Gear Australia could stream on Paramount+ next year while Stan has the rights to the original UK version?

2 Likes

I mean, that was a bit of a dickhead move on Clarkson’s part - He’s a great TV presence, but if you’re going to act like that to a crew member who tells you the hotel’s kitchen is closed, then that is not indicative of a great person to work with.

I hope that those (and similar alleged) incidents from Clarkson were just him being in a bad headspace at those times and not indicative of him being an actual dickhead.

3 Likes

Doesn’t Prime?

Stan is the exclusive home of UK Top Gear, though there obviously hasn’t been any new episodes for a while now.

Prime had The Grand Tour, the spin off show of sorts that the original hosting trio did post departing BBC / Top Gear.

This isn’t unusual and no precedence for all versions of the same show from different territories to be on the one platform; though it would be convenient for fans.

Depending on Stan’s deal and pending the original UK version continuing, they may choose to give up the rights to the back catalogue.

5 Likes
2 Likes

It was announced this morning that the Australian rights to season 27 to 31 of Top Gear (featuring Flintoff) would move from Stan to Paramount+ in 2024, to coincide with the return of Top Gear Australia.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Top Gear Australia

2 Likes