Tokyo Olympics Coverage

Seven can only say with certainty what is to be shown on a particular channel. In the past they have sent through information on a daily basis once results of heats etc are known. Unexpected positive results can also see sports being promoted to the main channel when they might have been expected to air on 7Mate or not at all.

5 Likes

With the news that NSW have closed the border to VIC (in addition to VIC having closed it to NSW), is it safe to say that Seven will have their Sydney based hosts present Olympic coverage out of Seven’s Eveleigh or Martin Place studios? Or is Melbourne still a chance if they get travel exemptions?

1 Like

yep.

They’ll get travel exemptions for sure. If footy players can get them, these guys surely can

Going beyond with the events this year I see.

2 Likes

Seven had a brand new set shipped into Melbourne from overseas for Tokyo 2020, according to Kurt Burnette. So if half their hosts can’t get exemptions, whoops, instant fail right there

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, did you have a source of him referencing this?

I wouldn’t bank on it

Why should they get exemptions? They’re not performing a critical function that requires them to be physically in Melbourne. Other sports coverage has operated on a remote basis for 18 months now, remote coverage of the Olympics ain’t special

3 Likes

Agreed. Surely if worst comes to worst, the Sydney-based presenters/commentators of Seven’s Olympics Coverage can do their thing from Eveleigh?

ABC reporting on the first positive case detected inside the athlete’s village.

Athletes departing Cairns

4 Likes

Mentioned near the bottom of this article:

1 Like
3 Likes

Looks like some of the coverage was coming from Sydney and the main broadcast coming from Melbourne.

6 Likes

Wasn’t he mysteriously missing from Seven’s info Cynic posted too? Wonder if this was already decided a while ago, although he did say “late scratching” so have to take his word.

He hosted 7Two and 7mate at Rio 2016, did he do 7Two at all at Gold Coast 2018?

I’m guessing studios / space is already maxed at BCM Docklands and NEP South Melb and/or all the set-up for 7mate channel has already been planned in Sydney (I’m guessing NEP Sydney or a mixture of it and Eveleigh and Martin Place)? Also good redundancy if something major goes wrong technically in either city.

It’s probably the most technical games too, considering you’ve got so much more virtual/digital with coronavirus and many facilities in different locations (OBS and BBC Tokyo, NPC Media Sydney, BCM and NEP Melbourne, as well as other facilities in Sydney possibly and others like telcos Telstra, etc.

Given Copeland, Freedman and Stubbs we’re doing 7mate it seems like maybe 7mate hub is in Sydney

7 Likes
1 Like

So she was already in Melbourne.
I wonder what they will do with the other Sydney presenters?

1 Like

I’m expecting that big screen they use to shoot promos at Eveleigh to be used a lot.