Today

The new presentation screen also seen on Today Extra. It would benefit from some touch up paint on the base.

6 Likes

Doesn’t look too bad.

I rather this over the joined screens presentation on the main set.

5 Likes

Wow ok a “NEWSLETTER”

1 Like

I kinda wish they’d shorten/drop the opener - it’s so much nicer to see a soft and natural lead in to the show. Their 2min+ openers lately have been over dramatic and exhausting.

4 Likes

Agreed. I miss the days when they would run for 45 seconds, now it’s just ridiculous. also i prefer the 2012-15 theme much more uplifting.

5 Likes

It will be interesting to see how this week’s rating average out. Barring any major change with this morning’s ratings, Today is tracking to have it best weekly number for 2021. So, with one of the main hosts away from the desk, it could be seen as either something to ignore or an opportunity.

As noted in the Thursday ratings topic Today will win the 25-54 demo for the week.

4 Likes

I‘d like Leila to stay on permanently. She comes across much more warm and down to earth than Ally, who I find to be quite cold sometimes.

I think they should redeploy Ally to Weekend Today, and reporting for 60 Minutes and Nine News.

1 Like

If you were wondering where Karlos has been and wasn’t in the closer. It was only Alex, Brooke & Deb on the couch this morning.

2 Likes

Couldn’t help but notice the small typo on the weather flipper that said it was going to be 313C on the Gold Coast that particular day :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

As shown as ABC News tonight - Dutton attracted a bug.

Rebecca Maddern is in Sydney this morning.

3 Likes

This morning

6 Likes

Friday saw Today with its best result since Monday ensuring that the show did record its highest average weekly result for the year.

Today was 50,000 behind Sunrise and 10,000 ahead of News Breakfast. Today won in Melbourne (narrowly) and Brisbane with Sunrise third in both markets. Sunrise won the other three with Today third in Adelaide and Perth.

Compared to week 8 of 2020 (which was not a good one for Today and a bit of anomaly), Sunrise was down 15,000 with Today and News B both up 30,000.

7 Likes

Though funnily enough, I noticed that Sunrise beat Today in the 25-54 demos for once yesterday.

3 Likes

Monday 22 February - Friday 26 February

Sylvia Jeffreys hosting this week.

12 Likes

Effie Zahos is so good… love the energy she brings to the show

10 Likes

Brooke is so annoying. Screechy voice and immature

4 Likes

Ally was on the show LIVE this morning and she reveals when she’s going back to the Today Studio

7 Likes

“In a couple of weeks”

4 Likes

Ally is a great fit for the show IMO. However, this week (and previous) have proven they made the wrong choice getting rid of Sylvia and having GG replace Lisa.

5 Likes