Today

But my point is that has done News for the 5am since 2020 and then transitioned into Today which flowed nicely. Why change it all of a sudden, and shaft him back to solely sport? That’s like Berretts ready 5am news on 7 and then doing sport for Sunrise. It just seems a bit off this decision.

2 Likes

Change is difficult, most will adjust

1 Like

By all the comments I’ve seen here, it sounds like you’re in the minority and most people prefer Brooke reading news. They’ve probably had a lot of positive feedback, which is why she’s still doing it after they tried her out.

11 Likes

Yeah she’s been improved when she filled in for Ally & Sylvia on Today & Today Extra last year. Plus both Alex and Brooke came back one week and both co-hosted before the new pair started. Plus I think the EP and the producers really liked Brooke on News when Alex was in Melbourne for the AO. Don’t forget she was a reporter for SBS in the old days. Just like Sarah Abo. And now both represented their culture and background on Australian Breakfast TV

4 Likes

Saturday 4 February - Sunday 5 February
Clint Stanaway hosting again this weekend.

4 Likes

Is the red too much like “Breaking News”?

Surprised how bright it is in Perth.

3 Likes

So I think what @tdenyer1990 is saying is if Brooke is the Today newsreader, she should also be reading 5.00 rather than the sports presenter doing it.

So is Alex still doing 5AM NEWS?

Yes, he has been this week.

Sounds fair to me. Alex does full bulletin at 5am and sport on Today and Brooke does news updates and entertainment on Today.

Not sure what the problem here is.

7 Likes

Sarah’s third week of hosting saw both Sunrise and Today up week-on-week. For both programs it was their highest audience of the year so far. Sunrise was ahead in all markets except Brisbane. Today’s margin was so large in Brisbane, that Today won the east coast.

5 Likes

So I haven’t seen any announcement but is Clint the host now for Weekend Today? I think he does well. Caught a bit this morning.

1 Like

I think so, but you do realise he has a brekkie show on KIIS in Melbourne with Jase & Lauren. And they quite work well. Also has 9news commitments. So idk if it’s official yet.

4 Likes

Maybe he is the new presenter, but as Nathan said he has many commitments in Melbourne.

2 Likes

Todd Woodbridge for host, anyone?

No.

1 Like

Brooke as also presented news on Triple J.

3 Likes

Yesterday’s Weekend Today did well to be the highest rated Saturday edition of the show since November last year.

7 Likes

Did Clint host this morning?

2 Likes

Yes he did.

2 Likes