Today

Which is so ironic in the first place. They still have harsh rules in place such as border passes and PCR tests but as soon as they land they’re surrounded by nearly 100 people in the terminal lol.

5 Likes

Some watermarks variations for Today

Sydney, Melbourne.

11 Likes

They should add it Sydney and Melbourne too. Makes the show look local.

6 Likes

Only issue would be having ‘Melbourne’ or ‘Sydney’ ending up on VAST, in Tasmania or in other regional places.

6 Likes

Intentionally deceptive.

4 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: COVID-19: Discussion of Impact :mask:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: COVID-19: Discussion of Impact :mask:

It’s interesting how Queensland gets the whole state covered by the w/m apart from the Gold Coast that bizarrely as a sub-market gets its own. Yet SA and WA just get a w/m for the state capital only - forgetting the rest of the population and NSW and Vic get none at all.

5 Likes

At what point would the W/M be inserted? It could be down to the naming of each areas news bulletins (ie, everywhere that has a bulletin has Today branded in a similar way)? I think QTQ is the only one that uses state wide branding, except for the GC?

3 Likes

Yes Today (and Sunrise) follow the same pattern as the 6pm news bulletin - Queensland for the QTQ news but state names for the rest of the bulletins.

4 Likes

Is Darwin the same as Sydney/Melbourne?

3 Likes

Today host Sylvia Jeffreys clashes with business operator Glen Day over vaccines | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

I don’t have a clip for this but saw this segment this morning and I have to question why these breakfast programs continually put this type of individual to air that clearly has an anti-vax type stance. Is it so the hosts can stand up and be somewhat morally superior, is it to generate click-bait headlines like the above?

This feels the same as when Pauline Hanson said something offensive and you have to ask how they weren’t expecting that to happen…

6 Likes

yes. Same with Pauline Hanson as you say. There is a reason why shows like Sunrise and Today have people like this on the payroll. Prue MacSween was another one but to be honest I don’t hear of her these days, so she must be on the outer in the clickbait circuit?

3 Likes

I know that Prue has a regular spot as a commentator on Sky News, so perhaps not enough eyeballs watching to make articles on her.

1 Like

Ratings. My friend. Ratings and eyeballs and anti vacators being humiliated on television. :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Yep - as this brilliant bit from Get Krack!n illustrates perfectly:

https://twitter.com/getkrackinshow/status/1103580768800976896

11 Likes

HAHA That is brilliant.

1 Like

Richard and Sophie hosting this morning, no newsreader.

6 Likes

Fill in weather guy today seems like a nice fella and certainly good eye candy, but not very good at presenting or reading the weather

2 Likes

He is one of the hosts of the Gold Coast’s SeaFM Breakfast show.

4 Likes