Today

Yet they still seem to think controversy will attract ratings. Checkmate Seven.

1 Like

Is it me or did I just find the tune of the Today Show in 2007?
The boo radleys

Go from 1:19
•••••
Today Show version:

4 Likes

Looks like 7 are saying that Sunrise won yesterday nationally which isn’t the case according to the numbers.

That is including regional.

Michael Pell at it again.

Seven are correct Sunrise won “nationally” ie metro + regional .

Desperate to grasp at straws. I get Nationally they win, but Seven don’t trade Regional. They trade Metro, yes they get an advertising cut but unlike Nine their sales aren’t integrated.

1 Like

This is literally not the reason or solution, the local inserts aren’t happening because they’re not feasible and likely won’t make hardly any difference. Give it a rest :joy:

3 Likes

Sunrise don’t even win nationally with regional according to the figures from both their press releases this morning. The admin has removed my post with the figures but there is a large difference with Today in front.

1 Like

You’re right. It won’t make a difference. It will feel disjointed like on Wake Up.
If Today won without local news inserts, then its clearly a content problem on Sunrise (or as others mentioned, the interview they aired yesterday).

4 Likes

Yes, agreed. We all know what that content problem is.

Sunrise was ahead nationally by a very large margin.

The numbers you posted were incorrect. Your post was also a violation of the agreement with OzTAM to not post any ratings numbers outside the top 20.

6 Likes

I apologise, I didnt realise there was a rule saying that info couldn’t be posted. I was going by the press release info from the Networks and I assume in that case the national number that Ch 9 were promoting was incorrect.

On set/program sponsorship similar to Nine News has had:

9 Likes

Ooft, those colours clash pretty horribly.

The red strip at the top of the set doesn’t look great with the blue and yellow as it is, but the addition of the Domain green is something else.

5 Likes

They’ve been doing that for the past month or so

1 Like

Watching 9 news tonight in Bundaberg, regional Qld.
The promo for Today says, “Brisbane and GC’s number 1 breakfast program.” Who cares in regional Qld?

1 Like

Lol. That is a WIN problem, not Nine’s. Nine aren’t going to stop bolstering their successes in Brisbane and Gold Coast, because their affilate network don’t care enough to insert a promo over the top in regional areas.

1 Like

Watching Today this morning and they also seem to have a negative spin towards how Victoria is handling the pandemic but predictably NSW is all rosy.
So it’s not just Sunrise.

6 Likes

NSW is led by Liberal. Victoria is led by Labor.

Those two networks have demonstrated a preference for Liberal governments many times.

6 Likes