Today

After reading this, this is the sort of banter the show is missing. I know it’s a morning show but taking this piss out of each other is so Australian and what sets us apart from the US equivalent etc…

Or someone needs or make a proper workplace comedy in this setting. It’s shame ABC went the woke way and Ten made a soppy drama based off a book that had very little of that world in it

4 Likes

Didn’t you try to write one?

There’s been a few done and very are actually successful or good.
A lot of them reek of media people writing them thinking their industry is somehow special or different from other industries when really almost every industry has its characters/stereotypes/drama.

4 Likes

I did but in the current climate it wouldn’t be appropriate now lol

Though in saying that that’s the problem

1 Like

They made Get Krack!n which was anything but woke.

You haven’t stopped whingeing about The Wrong Girl since your conspiracy theory claiming they stole your idea for a series.

3 Likes

He is in the car being driven to the location of the crash.

1 Like

Seems like Today is starting to pick up again in Brisbane. At the end of last year it did seem like Sunrise was starting to get a bit of momentum for the first time in three years.
Today are doing incredibly well in Melbourne, probably on a market share level of the peak days with Lisa.

Adelaide also seems to be quite close considering it’s a smaller market (especially at breakfast), and that Seven is destroying Nine at 6.00. I think there’s a few days this close in the last few months. It may be worth watching this year, and Today invest a bit into the market (week of weather there, outdoor broadcasts, maybe even local news inserts). Kochie being a South Australian, and having the Port Adelaide and AFL links, clearly was a draw card to Sunrise. Maybe now that he is gone some of their audience is sampling around.

1 Like

Today started at 5:00 am AEDT this morning and was live into Queensland.

6 Likes

This ain’t it, just do a split screen…

10 Likes

First time Karl wearing a tie on Australia Day broadcast

1 Like

Live cross to New York for Trump defamation verdict.

3 Likes

Somehow brings back memories of the local morning program Nine used to have in the late 1980s in each of the 3 east coast cities titled “In Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane Today”… Started at 9.30 am, 1 hour show I think. Don’t remember anything else much about it.

1 Like

Karl sits down with Novak Djokovic

3 Likes

Sounds like someone booked this in before he lost… :wink:

2 Likes

Interview shown was 5 minutes. All the team back in studio with Tim in Brisbane.

Video

#EXCLUSIVE Karl sat down with 24 Grand Slam title winner Novak Djokovic before his defeat at the Australian Open. #9Today pic.twitter.com/NO7anYYvwz

— The Today Show (@TheTodayShow) January 28, 2024
6 Likes

9 Likes

Today was a bit late to the best spot for pictures but still had coverage across the morning - though the shark attack seemed the number one story.

2 Likes

Remember reading years ago that shark attacks are known to bump news ratings up in the U.S, so maybe it’s the same here (or the networks think it will).

1 Like

Was Today live into Qld this morning with the flooding news? Rather pointless covering it if it’s an hour out of date.

Some colourful language used by the interviewee in the Orange shirt there this morning, with the reporter having to remind him that they were on live on breakfast tv.

If delayed, I’m surprised it wasn’t bleeped out.

2 Likes

it’s not talkback radio with a 7 second delay lol

1 Like

Am very aware.

My point being, that if Today was shown on delay as it regularly is (ie. 1 hour behind in Qld) then the colourful language used could have been edited to to not be broadcast an hour later to local audiences.