Today

Left field - but for a short stint - Allan Raskall

1 Like

They are scraping the bottom of the barrel with Coatsworth. He comes across as awfully smug and has some terrible political takes (I’d argue too outwardly partisan for a news program, even if it’s lighter)

5 Likes

Here we go… more clickbait by the Daily Mail. A complete turn off, wouldnt be surprised if viewership drops to an all time low for the show :joy:

2 Likes

I have actually tuned out of breakfast TV completely in the last few years. It’s just too scripted and waaaay too many paid spots. The gotcha questions, clown like weather presenters, it’s just all one giant circus. Karl just can’t interview anymore, Nat Barr just tries for all the gotcha questions to pull a 7News headline.

I don’t find the US versions as bad. They do a good job at bigger stories on live rolling, not as many gotcha type questions, whilst have much bigger budgets, doesn’t come across as amateur.

I watched GMA and Today the other week, I sort of wish we had the same.

I am just so sick and tired of these stupid weather presenters just clowning around. I’d like to see a strategy change on that one, give us the met person and in depth stuff behind a wall. Cut the nonsense.

1 Like

Schedule note:
Becasue of United Cup coverage, Weekend Today will run 6:30 - 9:30 am in Brisbane on Saturday 30 December.

5 Likes

Hoda and Savannah has great chemistry on NBC’s Today’s Show

1 Like

A two female format would be better like Sarah and Alicia.

They had that with Georgie and Deb

2 Likes

They are all solid presenters over there. Not a huge fan of SG, but between Hoda/Savannah, and Gayle and Robin over the fence, they have the authority in the presenting team, something we don’t have here

Gavin Morris hosting Weekend Today.

4 Likes

Wait so no Dr Coatsworth anymore?

Coatsworth is presenting the weekday edition

1 Like

So 9 has no back up male presenters? They have to go to NBN and a doctor to present their breakfast show??

2 Likes

Gavin did once host Today over the summer

Yes he did for 4 weekends from December 17th last year.

1 Like

Such a bizarre decision.

1 Like

They don’t do news from the newsroom anymore?

I think once Brooke took over news they moved it back to the studio, they haven’t done it in quite a while. I know Alex used to do the 6:30 news from the newsroom.

3 Likes

They do

3 Likes

That’s not Today though. That’s the news bulletin at 5am.

3 Likes