Today

Huh? Rebecca is in Melbourne and Richard is in Sydney. They aren’t getting physically anything.

1 Like

I thought he was saying Jayne should be on the left. Either way, it would put Richard and Jayne too close together.

1 Like

No different to when Davina sits there next to Belinda/ Sylvia during Today Extra.

2 Likes

Wow, to the average home viewer, that first cap looks flawless. If there weren’t any wide shots or wandering arms, no one would be able to even tell they’re in different studios/states!

9 Likes

Agree. The “illusion” gets broken when in the next shot Richard is by himself with a big gap to Jayne and then they show Rebecca in a split screen. Seems to be inconsistent.

7 Likes

On Wednesday because of the US Presidential Debate:

Adelaide will get their morning programs live from the east coast starting with Nine News Early Edition (4:30 am) and including Today (5:00 am) and Today Extra (8:30 am).

They need to zoom out on Bec and Richard to allow for more gap between them. Pretty easy solution lol

3 Likes

Watching the show for a few days, Karl and Ally do have good chemistry, she keeps him in check, but Karl looks so uncomfortable… is it his chair, the desk, or his clothes? :slight_smile:
My folks inform me that Tim the weather guy has been in Qld for a few weeks now… wonder if that has helped the Qld ratings of late?

May be of interest to those in this thread - Karl Stefanovic reveals what really happened when he ended a LIVE Interview with an anti-masker:

1 Like

Sunrise won yesterday’s breakfast ratings but Today was less than 25,000 behind in the 5-city total; one of the closest results of the year. News Breakfast was 35k behind Today.

Rankings per market

Syd S > T > N Sunrise easy win
Mel N > T > S News runaway winner
Bri T > S > N (Today had more Brisbane viewers than Today and Sunrise had in Melbourne)
Ade S > T > N Sunrise also equal to combined T + N
Per S > N > T Sunrise also equal to combined T + N

Code: Sunrise, Today, News Breakfast

10 Likes
9 Likes

That’s hard hitting journalism at its finest. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Because you guys have a lot more dignity :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Why don’t they just have Rebecca in front of her screen but just have it green that way they’re just keying her in to Richard.

2 Likes

The show this morning is much more newsier than normal. I don’t know if it’s just because it’s such a big news day or whether they’re following the weekday show but there’s hardly been any “fluff” at all.

3 Likes

I really like this summary, thanks!

Caps:

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking what the show would be like now if Tracy Vo stayed on as newsreader. She was so good with the current team. It is such a shame things didn’t work out. I hope in the future they can work out a way for her to return.

14 Likes

I actually think the show’s better without Tracy. She’s an absolutely fantastic presenter on 9news, but from what I remember of the start of the year, she never fully relaxed into the more casual parts of the show. I think Alex is doing a great job now anyway.

1 Like

I disagree. I thought she really gelled well the team. Alex is doing great though

2 Likes