Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I use to watch Weekend Today a little.

Especially when AOK on WS becomes intolerable.

But who on earth is presenting? I only recognise Deb Knight and I don’t even know her that well.

Nine have done a top-notch job at ruining that program :persevere:

Don’t both Tom Steinfort & Jayne Azzopardi also have regular presenting roles on Weekend Today?

Although Nine being the Sydney-centric network it is, I can’t blame you if you’re not familiar with those two.

1 Like

They are fairly new but they need to stay there to build the show.

2 Likes

Agreed. Although as long as ratings fall in favour of WS, they ain’t gonna do anything.

Never even heard of them, well I probably have, but you know what I mean.

Probably also because I’ve only ever watched Ten News (and in recent years Seven News as well).

Has Weekend Sunrise won every year since its inception (Lisa Wilkinson + Chris Reason + Simon Reeve + Kylie Gillies) in 2005?

I know at one period it was so dominant, Nine didn’t even bother having a rival program.

Just realised Simon Reeve has actually been on WS the longest

1 Like

Yes, I agree.

Personally, I think both Tom and Jayne (who of course I’m very familiar with having regularly seen their reporting work on Nine News Sydney, but others might not be) have very bright futures at Nine ahead of them.

As far as I’m aware, Nine has a pretty good track record for news in the Melbourne market (as the case is here in Sydney) so if you aren’t watching them, you’re probably being deprived of something special.

Melbourne has always been a Channel 9 city with Today and Nine news dominating there. Although there was a short period of time when TEN dominated Melbourne in the 1980s and even the legend Brian Naylor couldn’t keep up until the 1990s.

But in any case, if we should keep talking about this, shall we relocate to the Nine News Content and Appearance thread?

2 Likes

i would say yes, channel 9 has been very successful in Melbourne over the years, but both Seven and Ten have also had success in that city. Its a market that can change over time, but it comes with trust and consitancy, Seven Melbourne (The station) has been number 1 for almost 10 years now, thanks largely to its local production output and AFL commitments.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, it seems that Nine will be releasing a special CD at the end of the month - “35 Years Of Waking Up With Today” featuring a song for every year between 1982 and 2017! Info from JB Hi-Fi on the release.

I think I still prefer my tongue-in-cheek idea of a “Karl & Lisa’s Greatest Hits” CD better though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Karl Stefanovic goes missing halfway through Today show

Stefanovic was last seen on air at 7.40am and then went missing, leaving Richard Wilkins and Tim Gilbert to pick up the slack and co-host the remainder of the show alongside Lisa Wilkinson.

There was no explanation offered as to why Stefanovic wasn’t around for the last hour of the show and fans were left scratching their heads.

News.com.au put the question to Channel Nine and a spokesperson told us: “Karl is on leave for the next few days. He will be back on air at the end of next week. Ben Fordham will be filling in for him.”

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/karl-stefanovic-goes-missing-halfway-through-today-show/news-story/125c4db2124bb9cebe3fd0897124bb40

1 Like

Anyone want to place bets that you would find him on the QF11 flight today :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Looks like the right timing though…

4 Likes

Friday (16.06.17): As mentioned above, Ben Fordham is co-hosting with Lisa while Karl is on leave.

3 Likes

Did he leave early to avoid the paps? They would not have been expecting that and were probably due to stalk him later that morning. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As predicted Karl left early to escape the paps.

He is currently living it up in Bora Bora with Jasmine.

He’s gotta go. It’s affecting the show now. All these ridiculous games leaving early etc it’s time to find someone who can commit to the program. Karl obviously doesn’t care about it anymore.

8 Likes

Yes these headlines are affecting the show but Karl is entitled to annual leave.

3 Likes

You just have to see the ratings for the show right now compared to the same time last year to realise that the show is in trouble.

Exaggeration! :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

Maybe not every fortnight but he’s away at least once a month. It’s gotta stop. Bring in someone who is committed.