Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I have a feeling they have the “holiday crew” on or just keep hiring freelancers as what people have mentioned above and the numerous autocue typos this week paired with the dodgy camera work.

Sunrise has scooped the exclusive acts from the Logies for their show blaming Today show for not closing the deal but shouldn’t that be part of the contract with Nine?

1 Like

Charles Croucher is filling in for Tom Steinfort this morning.

2 Likes

You would think so but Today probably didn’t expect Sunrise to suddenly do a Logies special after a three-year hiatus. TBH, though, it is not as if those artists are real stars or popular.

Wendy said Tom is on an overseas assignment. Anyway, I much prefer Charles, he is very good IMO.

[quote=“killy06, post:1542, topic:101”]
Much prefer Wendy in this format, much like Tarsh Belling. Both okay newsreaders but much better presenters in a slightly lighterformat.
[/quote] Let’s just say her talent is being wasted on the Gold Coast news.

1 Like

Which didn’t stop Nine from having them headline the Logie Awards.

1 Like

Tom is reporting from Seoul.

2 Likes

From Nine

From 5.30am Monday, April 24, the TODAY show and TODAY EXTRA will broadcast live from Crown, with inside scoops on what went down when the cameras stopped rolling. Both programs will have access to the bleary-eyed winners and all the behind-the-scenes action from the most prestigious night on Australian television.

2 Likes

Is that the correct cast - who to expect this week?

2 Likes

Karl and Georgie maybe given she’s taken this weekend off Nine News in Sydney, and Sylvia and Deb are both away.

1 Like

In my wildest dream. I daresay it will be Alicia if Sylvia isn’t back.

1 Like

Charles was a great fill in for Tom this morning, Wendy also returning again next weekend.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure Sylvia is back but I wish Georgie would come back. Ben has, what’s stopping her?

2 Likes

Sylvia and Pete tomorrow.

No, you’ve lost the context of it and need to update your emojis ;). Sylvia is simply saying the picture she uploaded was taken by Peter.

2 Likes

So, Karl and Sylvia will be hosting (I assume). Maybe Lara Vella doing News?

That set/backdrop/everything looks so tacky!!

1 Like

Sylvia co-hosting with Karl and Lara Vella reading news ,Erin Molan presenting sport this week.

2 Likes

TODAY Executive Producer, Mark Calvert, speaks out:

*The Australian link requires a subscription but you can type ‘Breakfast TV Wars get Personal’ into your search engine.

Quite hypocritical considering the way Woman’s Day also personally targets Seven Network personalities like Samantha Armytage.

Rather than focusing on the positives of Today this interview dredges up all the personal issues again and makes it about the people rather than the show. I don’t think attack is the best form of defence in this sort of case and the Today producer has made a mistake in doing that.

4 Likes

Woman’s Day hasn’t been owned by Nine for 5 years

5 Likes

Very emotive lanuage to start this article

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/hook-ups-break-ups/cassandra-thorburn-clears-out-the-family-home-while-karl-stefanovic-holidays-in-los-angeles/news-story/14b8de5ebb9002a8dbf4a9579422565e

Later

While Thorburn said goodbye to the upper north shore home … Stefanovic was spending time with his 33-year-old girlfriend Jasmine Yarbrough in her hometown of Los Angeles.

So not on assignment after all?

One day after Stefanovic touched back down in Sydney on Sunday, New Idea published photographs of a passionate embrace between Stefanovic and his young girlfriend. The pictures show Yarbrough throwing herself into Stefanovic’s arms and then clinching her legs around his waist. The magazine also reported the host had plans to propose to his new girlfriend following the romantic getaway.