Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Alicia is very good, don’t mind her with Tim either.

That backwards scrolling ‘special coverage’ is annoying.

3 Likes

Yesterdays opener, I should have more coverage up in the next couple of hours, as well as today’s opener & coverage:

2 Likes

Wendy Kingston and Charles Croucher are hosting Weekend Today with Lara Vella presenting the news.

Tom Steinfort is live from Lismore.

2 Likes

I’m guessing Deb and Jayne are attending Sylvia and Pete’s wedding today?,which would explain their absence this morning.

Great too see Wendy Kingston back on the show this morning.:smiley:

4 Likes

[quote=“Salty, post:1421, topic:101”]
I’m guessing Deb …attending Sylvia and Pete’s wedding today?,
[/quote] She might be filling-in for Sylvia next week on Today or she is on holidays as she has been absent since Tuesday.

Couldn’t agree more she was so great on Weekend Today.

2 Likes

@mirb

2 Likes

[quote=“Salty, post:1421, topic:101”]Great too see Wendy Kingston back on the show this morning.:smiley:[/quote]Agreed 100%. Made me realise how much I miss her on Weekend Today (which isn’t to slight Jayne Azzopardi at all).

1 Like

Sunday (02.04.17): Charles Croucher is co-hosting with Wendy Kingston. Lara Vella is presenting the news with Tom Steinfort live from Lismore covering the Flood Emergency.

N.B: It seems Stevie only works every second weekend (:rolling_eyes: ) as Wendy is presenting the weather this weekend.

3 Likes

Deb is on holidays in Hong Kong.

4 Likes

With Deb on holidays Wendy Kingston will also be back next weekend.

4 Likes

Alicia Loxley reading news in the studio with Karl & Lisa hosting from Bowral.

3 Likes

Why was the empty chair in frame?

Surely Alicia was in the Melbourne studio in front of a screen? They wouldn’t have flown her to Sydney to do the news.

4 Likes

Just to balance it out, posting this one in the Today thread.

2 Likes

[quote=“Drew_1981, post:1430, topic:101, full:true”]
Surely Alicia was in the Melbourne studio in front of a screen? They wouldn’t have flown her to Sydney to do the news.
[/quote] It seems logical for her to present the news from GTV but by the looks, Alicia was in studio 24 and caught the flight from Melbourne to Sydney with Brett McLeod.

TBH, if either Today or Sunrise had flood coverage today, I would have vomitted. I have experienced the effects of both Larry and Yasi but Debbie’s rolling news coverage from sunrise to sunset was totally and utterly irrelevant. They had no new information and recycled the same news and pictures for hours on end. Would viewers have preferred if Today was in studio this morning?

6 Likes

Agreed!!

5 Likes

i fully agree . im glad there not doing anymore live shows from the cyclones or the floods . im sick and tired of it all and if it kept on going i would have turned the tv off completely and i know others would have done it 2

2 Likes

I would of thought Alicia would of presented the news from Melbourne… after flying back on Friday only for 2 days then to return last night… I find it highly unlikely. Again I could be wrong.

Yeah. Just stick your fingers in your ears and sing "la la la* you heartless bastard. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s ignore one of Australia’s worst disasters in history and go on holidays instead and have some fun. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes