Today (2015-Sept 2020)

News Breakfast has straight portions and fluffier portions, especially with some of its interviews with people in the arts and society. That Friday Confab segment is interesting, too.

I think 9 doing a rolling, standard-style bulletin for 4 hours is worth… considering. I’ll leave it at that.

Weekend Today started at 6am AEDST again today with special coverage on the aftermath of the Christchurch Terror Attack. They are live into QLD and SA too.

1 Like

This morning

3 Likes

The idea is there but it does look a little strange without maybe one of the hosts standing there introducing or crossing to the reporters.

Copying 10 News First’s use of their new set?

8 Likes

Sunday -

I thought of the same thing this morning. Maybe, if Deb was in rural NSW covering some bushfires and they had three other reporters, Georgie could stand at each lightbox and throw to them. However, in this case when they are all reporters, I think it is fine. It’s no different to how Sunrise feeds some of their file vision onto the 7 News set.

Thanks @Salty

3 Likes

Did they really show the gunman shooting inside?

Sunrise did something similar with their 3 reporters on the one screen where the 7NEWS set is

The angle used this morning was better, the farmers more level with less of the rise shown so it didn’t look like they’d just removed the couch.

Monday -

Tom Steinfort in Christchurch this morning.

3 Likes

Does anyone have the generic promo of The Today Show with the team on it?

Tuesday -

Tom in Christchurch again this morning.

Deb and Georgie reading news and sport.

2 Likes

Wednesday -

Deb and Georgie reading news and Tony Jones presenting sport from Melbourne.

2 Likes

It looks like Nine could have a talent styling disaster on their hands that could rival 2017’s jacketgate scandal.

Woman’s Day is claiming crisis meetings have been held because Georgie and Deb’s hairstyles are too similar.

Perhaps Nine could put a call into Seven’s troubled hair and makeup department at Martin Place and ask to borrow some of the fake hair Sam Armytage is using to enhance her appearance. That or the two hosts can go at each other with a pair of scissors in a heavily promoted ratings stunt.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but who actually gives half a f**k about the hairstyle of presenters? Sure they are important for looks but I doubt that anyone watching would be taking note of someone’s hairstyle over the content they present.

By the way, I quite like Tom reporting. Maybe they should get rid of newsreader role an have a ‘Today Correspondent’ role where Steinfort reports on the big stories exclusively for Today.

8 Likes

You should see the lists of complaints and messages TV networks call centres/receptionists get. Surprisingly little is about content and most is about how on-tailent is dressed and hair styled.

5 Likes

Still doesn’t change the fact that these complaints are, IMO, pathetic.

Probably won’t stop them complaints coming in though…

Agreed. Just saying they’re there and it’s something networks do take seriously.

3 Likes

Thursday -

Tom is back in the studio this morning.
Tony Jones is presenting sport from Melbourne.

1 Like

Strut your stuff:
https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/status/1108828398715990016?s=20

Georgie and Deb did the weather yesterday as Stevie met the couple who are going to be married in the morning.

1 Like