Today (2015-Sept 2020)

1 Like

In 2012 both Sunrise and Today were rating 100k more than they are now so an 80k differential may not have been quite as bad then. In the current context (25% fewer viewers at breakfast) Today’s performance isn’t awful, its horrific.

2 Likes

When you’re trying to draw media attention away from your shows :joy::thinking:

4 Likes

SAY ‘I DO’ WITH TODAY

WIN A WEDDING OF A LIFETIME IN THE TOP END

A nationwide search will begin today to find one lucky couple who will have an all-expense-paid dream wedding and honeymoon in the Northern Territory.

In a spectacular television event, TODAY is teaming up with Tourism NT to give away the ultimate wedding package in one of the most alluring and magical places in the world. Every detail will be looked after, with the prize including flights and accommodation for the lucky couple, and their closest friends and family.

The prize will include a wedding planner, celebrant, photographer, cars, florist, hair and make-up artists, the dress and the ring. And then there’s the entire reception including the cake and catering – and for those who can’t make the wedding, it’ll all be broadcast live on TODAY later this year.

With the Top End being one of the diverse regions in Australia, a bride and groom could find themselves tying the knot in Kakadu; walking down an aisle of gum trees in Katherine Gorge or overlooking the turquoise waters of Darwin.

TODAY has a long tradition of hosting “Marry in the Morning” competitions that stretch back to 2003 when Tracy Grimshaw and Steve Liebmann were hosting the program. Locations for previous TODAY weddings include Hayman Island and Sydney’s Botanical Gardens.

Nine’s Director of Morning Television, Steven Burling, said: “This is such an exciting competition and one that every newly engaged couple should get involved with! It’s an opportunity for a happy couple to say “I DO” in front of family and friends, at one of the most spectacularly beautiful locations on earth.

“We want to thank Tourism NT for supporting this competition, I think we’ll be absolutely inundated with entries.”

To enter, viewers are encouraged to go to www.todayshow.com.au from today (Monday, February 11) and tell us in 50 words or fewer why they deserve a Top End wedding, and upload a short video.

I didnt like when Sunrise did this but the fact it is happening now on Today strikes me as a blatant attempt to try and draw over some of the same audience.

1 Like

The show has been rather weak since Lisa departed abruptly. The show hasn’t recovered yet but it was on a downward trend well before the new team was assembled. Clearly you’ve missed all the post declaring dooms day and that the show needs to be overhauled yet again.

Charles Croucher is reporting live from LA today on the Grammys. I find it strange that Richard hasn’t attended the Oscars, Grammys, G’Day USA this year despite his rivals (Nelson Aspen/Edwina Bartholomew and Angela Bishop) doing so.

Today’s ratings rise when Lisa joins and fall when she leaves. Not had to do the math really.

1 Like

Wow. No words.

Perhaps they need a nationwide search to find the next hosts of the Today show. Audition a couple each week for a month to find a combination with chemistry who viewers will want to watch.

They don’t rate…

1 Like

Example no.1 of those talking about changing things less than a month into the new team.

Get a grip

Haha. Bang at Seven

3 Likes

Richard wasn’t at GdayUSA? I guess the bosses arent paying for his travel (first class) now so he probably won’t go?

But he’s committed to doing Today and Today Extra so can’t fly out as often.

1 Like

Found some recordings in my files, for what it is worth, if anyone is interested:

vs. :

4 Likes

Get a grip indeed. I thought it was rather obvious the comment was made in jest.

Wow, big difference, whereas the only presenter change on Sunrise in that time period was the weather presenter and Edwina’s role. Talk about consistency!

Celebration Sunday? What’s to be celebrated…

Lowest ratings in 16 years?

Bizarre…

3 Likes

This highlights how weak Tom Steinfort is in the newsreader role, I’m not sure who the right person would’ve been but there has to be a male journalist or presenter who would’ve been a better choice to co-host alongside Georgie & Deb.

2 Likes

I really liked the Karl & Lisa Duo. But I’m sure there’s more improvement to come of GG, Deb & Tom later in the year

1 Like