Today (2015-Sept 2020)

But do they really want a show full of five minute intervies with the latest facebook, youtube, twitter or instagram sensations?

Well I think from what ratings show viewers want a mix of fast news and sensation crap rather than a full 15 minute interview on International Relations or monumental discussion on Donald Trump’s Presidency.

Karl is filming the new season of This Time Next Year in late Feb early March. so will he be doing both shows at once or will he already need a replacement by then? Pete? Ben?

Allison Langdon appeared on What’s Making News this morning.

Sylvia welcomed her to Weekend Today.

4 Likes

I wonder if there will be any references to any potential changes to the show at the end of this morning?

Nah. I think Sylvia should have got the job. Not a huge fan of Georgie.

That was a rather abrupt ending. They didn’t seem to have any idea what was going on. Half a throw to Richard then said ah no we won’t do that then just ended the show.

1 Like

Nah. That’s crazy talk. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Not really. Why hire someone in their 50’s who’s probably only going to last a few years when they could have got someone much younger and would be in it for the long haul. Too many veterans on TV holding on to their gigs, no wonder the next generation is disgruntled with the media.

Experience, knowledge skills. No use hiring someone young If they’re not up to the job.

9 Likes

Are you kidding me? Georgie is only 46 and in the prime of her career and at least 20 years in her to go (or if she was in America, at least another 30). This is the prime hosting role for a national show, something most anchors work years to aim for.

Her age - and hence experience - is her asset.

15 Likes

Impeccably said!

2 Likes

Nooo believe in yourself

1 Like

I think young people are disgruntled with the media for other reasons than industry veterans holding onto their gigs.

I thought Georgie Gardner is 47.

Anyway…as others have pointed out, GG’s age & experience is probably why she got the gig! Besides, wasn’t Lisa Wilkinson in her 40s when she started her decade long run as the presenter of Today in 2007?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say they are disgruntled but I will say that in the next 30 years that we will probably see live TV news phased out as majority of news will be received online rather than FTA

It doesn’t matter how old/young Georgie is- she is the best person for the job.

@Bergoine, Sylvia will host eventually but just isn’t ready yet. I think they wanted someone who would work well with Karl and someone that is very popular yet familiar (on all of the socials, I think you are the first I have seen that doesn’t want Georgie to return). Karl hasn’t got many years in him and I don’t think Georgie will be with Today, either, until she retires.

When Georgie left in 2014, I think Nine underestimated how long the rest of the were going to be therefore. Sylvia has always been groomed to co-host but she never worked well with the rest of the team. Georgie’s appointment as Lisa’s replacement is what best suits the current form of the show.

Typical Today. However, it shouldn’t have happened because they didn’t have sporting commitments.

Unfortunately, I can’t see the awkward closers ending on Monday’s relaunch.

Well, with Weekend Today in studio 23, they have all weekend to change a few panels…

5 Likes

They need more than a few new panels and a new desk. Whole thing needs to be reimagined but I guess they will let us suffer another 2-3 years until the move to North Sydney.

4 Likes

The younger generation are disgruntled with everything in life not just the media.

4 Likes

[

quote=“nationalnews, post:3464, topic:101”]
Allison Langdon appeared on What’s Making News this morning
[/quote]

2 Likes