Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Correct. Didn’t happen until about 2004.

1 Like

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/today-host-georgie-gardner-says-her-pay-is-her-business/news-story/6ad2e924426c982d4a754e70650e52a2

4 Likes

They’re quite obsessed with Georgie now at the Daily Terror

Originally published in the Daily Telegraph by Annette Sharp

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion/georgie-gardner-today-signing-means-end-in-sight-for-karl-stefanovic/news-story/68d87aefc732846b0ffc2b85dcb69912

Mod edit: Articles behind paywalls are not to be posted in full.

1 Like

Look, I’m far from Karl Stefanovic’s biggest fan but that’s absolutely pathetic “journalism” (if you can even call it that) from Annette Sharp.

3 Likes

She has the biggest gripe about him, she used to like him but something happened.

4 Likes

The same happened with Sam Armytage last year. What a nasty piece of work she is.

4 Likes

Annette Sharpe who I’ve never herd of until today is pretty delusional judging by her articles. Probably just upset as she probably couldn’t make it into TV. Sounds like she just rips into News presenters for no reason. Crazy!

4 Likes

She writes for a Murdoch tabloid rag. By definition she has no credibility.

2 Likes

Here is a promo for Today’s return from a summer break, in 1990.

And from 1994:

** Not my clips

3 Likes

I found the 1994 promo on an old VHS recording years ago. Today would probably have special editions of the show hosted on location if a major story like the NSW bushfire crisis (which happened around the time of that going to air) happened over Summer now!

I wonder when Today started to air all year round (except Christmas Day), before or after Sunrise became serious ratings competition?

1 Like

Tim Gilbert co-hosting with Deb and James Bracey presenting sport this week.

2 Likes

Any mention of Don Burke?

Two problems here:

1. Tim is a bad co-host, nearly as bad as Richard. Can’t believe that after 12 yrs, there is still no frequent nor good fill-in for Karl.
  2. Karl having a break (and what will be likely until him and Georgie return on Jan 22) could not have happened on a worse week. Sunrise looks to win hands down again.

Yes, it is in the news.

2 Likes

They can’t ignore it when two former Channel Nine Chief Executives are quoted.

3 Likes

There’s a story in the Australian about what Karl and Georgie plan to do next year for the show. Can anyone please give us the gyst of it? or post article if its allowed. :slightly_smiling_face:

The Today program will return next year reinvigorated with an increased focus on politics and campaigning journalism — but …

You’ll have to wait to find out the rest

1 Like

Today to return to the “stuff they did a long time ago”:

REALLY hope this means no more mascots. Seems to be going for a newsier approach, a genre we have said is missing from breakfast television.

9 Likes

Should have Bracey hosting it rather than Tim.

1 Like

With Georgie at the head, by the looks, she is pushing for something similar to this:

5 Likes

It won’t last. When ratings take a dive they’ll go back to discussing the click bait headlines and other buffoonery.

8 Likes