Today (2015-Sept 2020)

This morning’s show is all the evidence you need as to why Allison deserves the top role.

7 Likes

My article does

2 Likes

Oh thanks Rob

Karl’s back. Yawn.
Let’s hope Ally is bloody good on weekdays. She’ll need to be. The gap between WT and WS widened with her and David Campbell at the helm this year so I find it puzzling 9 think she is the answer to saving the weekday show.
She seems like a lovely lady though. I just hope Karl is nice to her and not a dick again in 2020. Maybe he’s grown up. Bahaha.

The gap between WT and WS could be due to viewers abandoning the weekday show and not giving the weekend show a chance.

As it stands, the weekend today team are light years ahead of the mothership.

3 Likes

Time to move this out of the tongue-in-cheek mocks. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Any chance of a special podcast episode just focused on Today, @blackbox?

3 Likes

I guess they got 2020 vision instead of believing all the media hype. So do they love him again now or will he get even more scrutiny? Either way people making money all around writing headlines again.

Tim Davies presenting weather from outside The Block this morning with the contestants.

2020…the year tv went backwards… Karl, Big Brother, Farmer, Halifax…

2 Likes

Today continuing past 10am.

2 Likes

Today continuing past 10am.

Excellent coverage this morning covering all aspects of the unfolding bushfire emergency.

5 Likes

David and Jayne have great chemistry. They might not have to look far for Alli’ s replacement.

5 Likes

Jayne is not a good host. Average newsreader but not suited to hosting especially where ad libbing or banter are required.

According to MediaWeek Karl, Allison and the new team will takeover from 20 January at the start of the Australian Open, same as this year.

6 Likes

Shouldn’t had fired Karl in the first place

3 Likes

The article didn’t say they will take over at the start of the Australian Open but rather it’s a possibility

2 Likes

Allison Langdon should be terrific - assuming her co-host gives her a go. I hope she’ll get a fair opportunity to establish herself.

Alas, Today will more than likely return to being the Stefanovic Show + Extras. His ego won’t allow anything else. It’s the main reason I detest the bloke and was pleased to see him removed from the show. His return ensures this viewer won’t be waking up with Today next year.

The relentless (often puerile) negativity toward the current team has been something to behold. GG is better off out of it and I hope Deb Knight gets a fair go as well. Both are tremendous assets and should be treated as such.

14 Likes

Any Visualize for their promo next year?

Come Home to Today

3 Likes