Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Guessing those inserts are a casualty of the budget cuts occurring across Nine’s news division

10 Likes

A real shame. Hopefully it will return in the future when things start returning back to normal.

6 Likes

Nine seem to be axing things that haven’t been around for long/fly under the radar.

6 Likes

It’s a shame because it was actually better then Sunrise Perth News. The ratings just make it not sustainable.

8 Likes

It seems Today have reverted their news interview style back to one host conducting it. This replicates the current format of Sunrise and News Breakfast.

3 Likes

Ratings for yesterday.

Breakfast TV
Sunrise 299,000
Today 198,000
News Breakfast 203,000

I thought it pertinent to look at the equivalent Tuesday from 2019.
Sunrise 275,000
Today 199,000
News Breakfast 148,000

6 Likes

I think ABC are doing so well cause people want to hear about proper Covid news/facts as they dont trust mainstream media and all the hysteria in reporting it.

4 Likes

That says a lot.
It shows that the News Breakfast has actually grown the breakfast market.

9 Likes

Makes sense that Today blew up the entire show for… a decrease of 1,000 viewers?

3 Likes

I say this all the time, but I’m always amazed when the ABC beats a commercial at Breakfast. This is fantastic news for the industry, more competition between our public and commercial broadcasters is needed.

14 Likes

Esepcially looking at the numbers from 2019, they have gained a massive new following.

6 Likes

With restrictions easing surely something needs to be done about this newsreader situation.

5 Likes

I don’t think they should be showing live footage of the riot currently happening in Minneapolis on breakfast TV. It’s just horrible to watch

1 Like

It’s called news. Damn right they should be showing it.

19 Likes

So it’s ok to show people getting shot and injured bodies on the ground?

Some incredible scenes coming from Minneapolis.
Tim Arvier is quite a brilliant journalist.
Just handling the situation LIVE on air

5 Likes

People do need to know this is happening. There is quite a backstory behind this.

4 Likes

It’s live. Things happen. “Fuck” was said a few times - it’s live.

What do you want them to show? Advertorials and Karl’s Kooking Kapers?

4 Likes

I understand where @MelbTV is coming from, a situation of this nature, something brutal may occur on LIVE TV, but surely there is a few second delay just in case?

I totally agree, sometimes news is hard to watch.

1 Like

With Tracy Vo returning to Perth, does that Tim Davies promoted to the role of news anchor Channel Nine’s Today show?