Opener:

News:

Weather:

Sport:

Entertainment:

Break bumpers:

Other elements:

19 Likes

A very respectable era for Today. It was a great production. Shame I cannot see Tracy as a respectable journalist and presenter anymore.

17 Likes

Tracy and Steve were a good host back then.

5 Likes

I think this set replaced the previous coffee table set that had been in use during Liz Hayes final years as co-host

Steve Liebmann, Tracy Grimshaw (when she was at her best), Roscoe, Monte. Take us back :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

What I’d like to know is who the weather presenter is in Zampakid’s caps. I’m usually fairly good at recognising presenters from old footage (even the late Darrell “HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!” Eastlake at the sports desk) yet couldn’t really put a name to that face. My best guess was maybe Majella Wiemers but I’m not quite sure if she was presenting at Nine as far back as 2001…

If it wasn’t back in 2001 I would’ve thought it might’ve been Belinda Russell.

Caroline Rondo.

3 Likes

She was at Ten back then, if I’m not mistaken.

:+1:

1 Like

From memory he only came in every now and then right? As I remember Roscoe and later Sharyn Ghidella doing sports news

3 Likes

Opener 1/10/2001:

9 Likes

Today on Saturday - 24/3/2001

15 Likes

Wow, Today on Saturday, brings back memories when it used to air in NZ on Prime TV before it was axed in 2003 due to Nines budget cuts.

1 Like

It’s to my understanding that Today on Saturday was axed in 2002, possibly around August that year.

Yes that’s right, I forgot it was 2002.

Gosh Today was a whole other level back in the day.

Was the current version ‘Sunrised’ or…?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that Nine panicked and “Sunrised” Today after the Seven breakfast program started challenging and eventually beating them in the ratings.

2 Likes

Today on Saturday Opener - 24/3/2001

4 Likes

Today on Saturday was only around for a year (or so) though wasn’t it?

It was around for 10 years, launched in 1992 if IRC.