Today Extra

No, they are literally breaking them. I think that’s what it means.

1 Like

6 Likes

Christmas tree

6 Likes

No expense spent.

2 Likes

So, they are testing next year’s Weekend Today team on Today Extra atm?

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it testing. More so that they’re the logical options and available to fill-in for David and Sylvia.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t call it testing either.

They’ve already got the job and it’s been publicly announced. Too late now to test and change. You would normally test before signing contracts.

6 Likes

Summer series starts tomorrow.

4 Likes

Today Extra started at 10am except in Queensland where it was “live” at 9am (though it is the summer edition).

Queensland received local news breaks.

At 10:30 am, Queensland continued with Today Extra Summer when Sydney went to morning news. The live QLD media conference was not covered by Nine - only main channel to take it was Seven. In Sydney it was shown delayed as a news report.

2 Likes

Back to national updates today in Queensland.

3 Likes

Problem with graphics this morning

2 Likes

Today Extra still in Summer mode but providing news updates and breaking news.

5 Likes

Does anyone have audio issues on Channel Nine right now. There’s no sound during Today Extra Summer Series

There was no news theme music during the 10:30am update with Davina Smith.

1 Like

Back today.

5 Likes

7 Likes

WA missed out on the new season premiere due to Australian Open pre-show. It will have to wait until Monday for the first episode of the year.

2 Likes

Today Extra was back in all markets on Monday and beat The Morning Show by 10k. It also beat the last 30 minute segment. Then Nine Morning News went on to win over Seven’s Morning bulletin. That followed Sunrise managing a narrow 4k victory over Today.

10 Likes

Forgot to mention yesterday that Today Extra (narrowly) won again on Tuesday despite a lower lead in.

4 Likes

The first week after the Olympics when comparisons were difficult (no Morning Show in Perth etc).

Despite Sunrise beating Today by 50,000 Today Extra was equal with The Morning Show while for the last half hour it had an easy win.

4 Likes