Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Whats this " Head To Head " segment?! is it supposed to be like The Grill?

4 Likes

Must be new this week. But, all I know is that the orange coloured location bugs for the live boxes look so much better than blue.

6 Likes

Like 9 News Now’s ‘Chat Room’, but less hostile towards presenter dress codes.

12 Likes

Well, the guests can guess what Karl will be wearing because he tends to wear the same suit every day for up to 12 months. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Hey Thats new :slight_smile:

Seen today

1 Like

That promo has been airing for a few weeks now. I quite like, I think it is outside the box.

2 Likes

Should have added some context - the promo looked out of place on a morning when they seemed to have gone to some effort to be very sombre and restrained. It sort of spoiled the effect to have this pop up. Not a criticism, just an observation.

2 Likes

Thanks @SEQTelevision

(Can’t help but see the similarities between this and the Sunrise ‘While You’re Sleeping, We’re Working’ promo from 2011)

4 Likes

Yeah, clear rip off of a great ad.

2 Likes

Yeah because Sunrise were the first people to do an add like that for their morning show.

3 Likes

There is a bit of unfairness in that, because if Seven was to copy Nine (which they have done in the past in news) people start ripping Seven into shreds for doing it. But soon as Nine copies Seven no body seems to acknowledge it enough… thats just my 2 cents worth from observing all these years…

4 Likes

I agree.

Would be good if they started using this in the promos:

6 Likes

There’s one thing that I truly do admire about the Today franchise and its the fact that throughout all 3 editions of the show (Weekday, Weekend and Extra), the female co-host is older. Without wanting to get into a discussion about feminism and what not; I think we can all agree that it is good to see the co-hosts being chosen based on credentials like years of experience as opposed to age, hair colour and size :clap:

6 Likes

Lisa is live from Townsville tomorrow covering Cyclone Debbie.

2 Likes

I thought that Sylvia would’ve been sent up there instead.

I thought Karl. But I am so glad Lisa is leading the special coverage this time round.

Stefanovic rarely misses an opportunity to return to his precious Queensland. Odd that he’s missed out, but not a bad thing by any means.

1 Like

Monday (27.03.17)- Tuesday (28.03.17): Lisa is leading Today’s coverage of Cyclone Debbie, live from Townsville. Natalia Cooper is also live from the affected region.
Sylvia is co-hosting with Karl back in studio, with Deborah Knight reading the news.

BTW, Today is live into Queensland.

2 Likes