Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Reading too much into a simple comment. :laughing: Then making a statement which is beyond hypocritical.

1 Like

No I think I described it as is.

Saturday (04.03.17) - Sunday (05.03.17): Both James and Stevie are absent again this weekend, with Tom and Deb reading sport and weather respectively.

1 Like

Wow, back to the same situation a year ago (three presenters).

1 Like

@nationalnews itā€™s disappointing that some of the regular team are already away again.

3 Likes

Today may just be getting a new street level studio with public viewingā€¦ in four years timeā€¦ http://tvtonight.com.au/2017/03/nine-headquarters-confirmed-for-north-sydney-tower.html

1 Like

Unnecessary

Itā€™s not like the North Sydney CBD is a tourist destination so I donā€™t know who they expect to attract to a street side studio when the area is primarily inhabited by professionals and office workers. Anyone who has been in North Sydney on the weekend or a public holiday can tell you itā€™s virtually a ghost town outside of office hours. Could be a bit embarrassing broadcasting in front of a window with no one outside on those occasions. At least Sevenā€™s studio is in a tourist and retail precinct.

7 Likes

On the other hand, that could also work quite nicely. A nice street backdrop without the potential for nude streakers or giant penises on signs.

7 Likes

Iā€™ll dust off the trench coatā€¦

1 Like

Seriously? A quiet street is more likely to be a perfect target for something like that.

Look itā€™s all pure speculation that there would be a street level studio anyway. From memory, that street is actually more like a laneway and the surrounding buildings are not exactly a scenic backdrop.

1 Like

Better than dark, closed in-studio with a fake skyline backdrop, IMO.

No, that laneway is not better. Put that address in google maps and you will see what I mean. It faces all back entrances of other buildings.

1 Like

The images I posted a few months ago clearly show no street-front studio. There will be a studio at street level but it is completely enclosed by technical spaces, retail and a lobby.

As for views, there wonā€™t be any from the newsroom. They will be on level 1 in the centre of a block with buildings on every side. Iā€™m hoping for some sort of open newsroom arrangement.

2 Likes

If they were to have a window it would probably be like the Nine News Perth setup with a window infront of the cameras. I might also add that where Nine Perth is located no one really goes there itā€™s quiet full of offices

Weekend Today was live into Queensland this morning.

I see what you mean, and those streets are quite narrow too. It also looks like they canā€™t have an ā€˜openā€™ studio from a higher floor as the backdrop is just as bad.

Looks like Karl is fair game for all sorts of scrutiny now.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/hair-transplants-prevent-tv-careers-from-wearing-thin-20170302-gup32c.html

Today Queensland Reporter Lauren Ellis returned to air this morning.

1 Like

There will be a Metro stop across the road, the area will be buzzing with people in the morning peak.

6 Likes

Would be good when 9 moves, they have 1 streetside set for all news and Today