Today (2015-Sept 2020)

[quote=“Salty, post:1011, topic:101”]
Well done to Stevie for 12 years on the show!
[/quote] Agree. I understand that he is Australia’s longest serving breakfast weather presenter.

[quote=“killy06, post:1012, topic:101”]
For us or him?
[/quote] Depends doesn’t it? :smile:

[quote=“Leostar, post:1013, topic:101”]
He’s …annoying
[/quote] Isn’t that the criteria to role?

Having just seen the interview here in QLD due to daylight savings, Stevie Jacobs is:

• Stepping down from the weather duties so he can spend more time with family
  • Seems to have finished the weather role yesterday, where in hindsight he did say, “Karl and Lisa, I will see you around…”
  • Permanently residing in Vanuatu
  • Will do Weekend Today weather so new male host is still in the air.
  • Will return to Today on occasions to do Knock of Cash and Little Heroes

I understood he is joining the weekend team permanently as weather presenter in 2017,and looking at Deb Knights/Today Instagram posts that’s what it sounds like to me.

1 Like

With his big massive satellite dish receiving Channel 9.

Unless Natalia Cooper moves to Weeknd Today news (with Jayne reported to head overseas), I think it is pretty obvious Cooper is expected to get the gig.[quote=", topic:101"]
Jacobs’ replacement on Today is yet to be confirmed, says Nine.
[/quote]

To answer the question that the SMH is asking: No, I don’t think Steve Jacobs’ departure from Today will end the ratings pressure on Sunrise. If Karl or Lisa were to leave…that would be a different story.

If Nine choose Natalia Cooper to be Today’s new weather presenter (personally I hope so!), then I think the segment and the program should be in very safe hands.

2 Likes

Unless Today go with someone outside the network, I can’t think of any other suitable replacement.

1 Like

Natalia seems the obvious choice to replace Stevie with her bubbly personality and her experience from constantly filling in on the show.
But l would have thought if she had the position it would have been officially announced this morning,sort of a handover with Stevie on air,suppose we will wait and see what happens.

3 Likes

Maybe Emma freedman will come back to the Today show? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Maybe they shouldn’t have burnt their bridges with her. :laughing:

1 Like

An Early Daily Bailey?!?

The Daily Bailey trash suits the show somehow.

3 Likes

With the return of Cam Williams to replace Ken Sutcliffe, I wouldn’t rule it out TBH.

With Emma returning to Nine this year for hosting role on Wide World Of Sports ,l wouldn’t rule out that she could return to the show one day.

1 Like

Highlights from Stevie’s announcement this morning (view in HD):

3 Likes

So they are no longer “All Together Now”.

4 Likes

Tom’s last report as a correspondent for Nine aired today and Deb Knight’s comment today on Tom’s Instagram basically confirmed he is joining the weekend team.

2 Likes

Love Deb’s comment," We’ll be just as captivating for you I’m sure * *cough " She also alluded to this morning when Karl was ‘upset’ about Tom reporting on that model story and Deb said something like, “Tom will be able to tell you all details very soon…”

1 Like

[quote=“nationalnews, post:1033, topic:101”]
She also alluded to this morning when Karl was ‘upset’ about Tom reporting on that model story and Deb said something like, “Tom will be able to tell you all details very soon…”
[/quote]Well a tough last day for Tom having to report on Victoria’s Secret fashion show!

2 Likes