Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Summer will be a good time to test out some potential contenders for Pete’s job.
I can’t see Ben Fordham wanting to increase his workload .With him already working weekdays on radio and then taking on weekend work would be a very heavy workload.

1 Like

Congratulations to Aislin Kriukelis on the birth of daughter Camilla on Friday morning. https://www.instagram.com/p/BNAbdkSjr-m/?taken-by=aislinkriukelis

3 Likes

Natalia is returning next weekend.

1 Like

Australian says

[Peter] Stefanovic is filling in for Allison Langdon, who will take maternity leave, which leaves the high-profile Weekend Today gig vacant. Diary understands Nine’s European correspondent Tom Steinfort has been tapped to fill the role and will head back to Australia. But the appointments could all be short-lived, with Langdon expected to return from maternity leave next year.

3 Likes

Is it really surprising to The Australian that someone would return to work from maternity leave?

2 Likes

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:978, topic:101”]
[Peter] Stefanovic is filling in for Allison Langdon, who will take maternity leave. But the appointments could all be short-lived, with Langdon expected to return from maternity leave next year.
[/quote] No matter how long Langdon is on maternity leave, Pete will not return to Weekend Today after he leaves. If Tom Steinfort does replace Pete, I would expect him to become the permanent weekend host.

On that note, Cameron Williams made his first appearance since his sudden departure in late January this morning during a live cross.

3 Likes

I hope Tom does replace Pete.l think he would fit in well with the current weekend team.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention, this was in the TV Tonight newsletter:

Tom Steinfort will indeed be getting the Weekend Today gig.

3 Likes

Steve Jacobs wants to spend more time in Vanuatu where he owns a property and is negotiating to reduce his time with Today, possibly moving to Weekend Today, The Australian is reporting.

5 Likes

Richard Wilkins hosting with Lisa, Deb Knight presenting news and Clint Stanaway presenting sport from Melbourne this morning.

2 Likes

Here we go again:

Deborah Knight looks to be the only familiar face to remain on Weekend Today in 2017, with more changes set to rock the Today Show next year.

2 Likes

Today extra is coming from the ACA/National News studio. How long has this been happening?

It wasn’t last week so must be from today for whatever reason…

Yep. “New Idea has reported” means it’s fiction.

9 Likes

Indeed. There was a headline on a cover (I’m not even going to bother finding the full “report”) of New Idea about a month or two back which said something like: “Karl & Sam (Armytage) - Yes, it’s true”!

Realistically, I think that this latest story from New Idea about Karl Stefanovic is likely to be more BS. If Karl were to really quit Today, don’t you think there would most likely be an On-Air announcement and a press release from Nine?

2 Likes

Channel Nine deny reports Karl Stefanovic is leaving flagship program Today

“Karl is definitely on Today in 2017, alongside the team who have had such a successful year in 2016,” a spokesman told The Daily Telegraph.

Edit: Pay wall removed from link

4 Likes

I don’t understand how Tom Steinfort got the gig? Has he done much hosting at all? I only ever see him reporting from Europe. Maybe its a channel 9 ritual… start at ACA, move onto early news, get a foreign correspondent job and then you can have a hosting spot? Have they tested the chemistry of him and Deb? seems weird. maybe Natalia might take Debs spot?

He did read the news on Weekend Today over the summer of 2013/2014, I thought he did really well. But no he hasn’t co-hosted before.

[quote=“Drew_1981, post:992, topic:101”]
maybe Natalia might take Debs spot?
[/quote] What makes you think that?

cause it depends on chemistry. I know Peter is younger than Deb but it might be a little off with Tom? Who knows? Maybe Rove could host and Hamish & Andy on Sport and weather?