Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I think we will see Lara Vella and Natalia Cooper as summer fill-ins this year. Unfortunately I don’t think Deb will be filling in due to both her national; Sydney and Weekend Today commitments.

2 Likes

According to The Age, following the out-of-court settlement, Today will now air promos on a market basis.

Where are Today #1 (metro)

Certainly Sydney & possibly Brisbane (only by weeks, not average)?

I think Sunrise win Melbourne, Adelaide & Perth.

Despite the graphic, v/o says “Brisbane’s” number one. (doesn’t say what though).

Karl tries his hand at being a cameraman.

1 Like

Is this the Melbourne set that they occasionally use? Or…???

(from Deb’s instagram over the weekend)

1 Like

that’s the part of the set they use for WWOS in Sydney on weekends.

2 Likes

While promoting the million dollar phone call this morning Karl said (not exact quote) we are officially the number one most generous breakfast show try suing us for that!:laughing:

4 Likes

So humble in defeat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Lisa and Karl often say ‘Australia’s most generous breakfast show’ but today was the first time I heard karl say, “They can’t sue us for that.”

2 Likes

I doubt this. Maybe Brisbane’s No 1

Friday (04.11.16): With Karl in transit to cover the U.S. election, Sylvia Jeffreys is co-hosting with Lisa. Deborah Knight is reading the news.

2 Likes

Gone viral:

1 Like

Natalia Cooper was reporting on the NSW Bushfire Emergency this morning so Deb read the weather.

Monday (7.11.16): With Karl in New York, Lisa is hosting Today solo.
Tuesday (8.11.16)- Thursday (10.11.16): Sylvia is co-hosting with Lisa, in addition to reading the news as Karl is covering the Presidential Election from New York.

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/sunrise/69/1791?u=tv.cynic

To ensure that Karl isn’t away from Today for too long:[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:95, topic:1959”]
It also revealed Karl Stefanovic will take a break from any 60 Minutes stories. “Previously what we’ve done with Karl is that he has often shot 60 Minutes stories over the summer,” Nine News boss Darren Wick said. “We don’t want him doing that this year — just have a break."
[/quote]

Karl Stefanovic forced off air by Nine boss over summer
the herald sun

Today currently live into QLD, SA and WA this morning.

Special coverage starting at 5am AEDT this morning…

2 Likes

I just got a great idea for the show Why not Today extend again
How about this Early Today 4:00-5:30am
and rename Today Extra into Later Today and extend to last 30 minutes which is
9:15am-12:00pm to compete against Studio 10
you see In Japanese Television & American Television the Early Morning News starts earlier in the morning at 4am Why not Australia gets a turn at it
What do you think?