Today (2015-Sept 2020)

i disagree with you all i quite like it:)

I hope that is not an indication of what monday will be like. Well with there main set of course which i dont see any changes other than some graphical changes to the set

1 Like

Its an improvement over the weird curved elemnets at the bottom of the screen.

I like it too.

The backdrop isn’t too bad but the lighting is shocking. So dark and gloomy for a morning show.

2 Likes

If they got rid of the triangle shapes in the background (which I’d probably expect to see happen before overly long), the backdrop might look OK. Either way, at least it seems likely that this look won’t be brought over to North Sydney when the move happens.

Yep, I agree. Backdrop changes and one or two other tweaks are all I’d expect to see made to the set of Today on Monday.

The picture quality in Studio 23 isn’t that great either IMO.

1 Like

I actually don’t mind it. I love that backdrop compare to 2016-2018

Yes - bordering on needing to be reported to the HD Police :wink:

Australia Day graphic:

Money :open_mouth:

I wish they would do something about those “hanging chads” at the top corners of the logo. Needs to be cropped.

6 Likes

Some more caps:

4 Likes

I don’t mind it! I just don’t get why there is the diagonal strips on the backdrop, it just doesn’t fit in with the package at all?

4 Likes

Yes but they are getting a new soft set and pieces need to be moved. Rehearsals will be happening this weekend too.

And @littlegezzybear it doesn’t matter financially whether contract work is performed on Friday or Saturday.

It isn’t that bad. Not stunning but a lot better than what I was expecting- a full screen backdrop of the grey rays.

1 Like

Looks like someone forgot to turn the screensaver off…
:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I was in TCN today on an unrelated matter and had to bring some equipment through S22 so I saw the new set briefly. a few floor crew were doing camera/staging rehearsals. I can definitely say that the set will look better on TV. New desk as well!

22 Likes

But that’s what wrecks everything and why it looks terrible. The less borders, the better.

Why make everything look artificial and cartoon like? Sunrise isn’t offensive cause its natural colours and a real backdrop. I dont even watch it and know that.

1 Like

Is the new desk so good?

It didnt look like it was fully lit when i saw it but it still looked quite good in my opinion. i never liked the old desk anyway.

3 Likes

Suggestions- one that is city-centric?

Yeah, I agree also. Didn’t like the old desk

1 Like

New Today promo airing.

channel 9 im guessing?