Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Yeah I saw this too! Great chat! I’m getting a great vibe from Brooke. It was also nice to watch a mature discussion without Karl putting forward some stupid comment.

10 Likes

I love too, that Deb encouraged Brooke to share more insight. That’s something I imagine Lisa would do if she was still around.

7 Likes

I think she can contribute more to the tone of the show than purely just entertainment stories, hopefully this is recognised by the EP & producers as I think she’ll be warmly welcomed by the viewers when they’re a little more familiar with who she is.

7 Likes

She’s getting slaughtered on the usual social media outlets for telling the truth and how her culture feels about it. I think Brooke is amazing. Once in the studio and comfortable with each other, this show is going to gel brilliantly.

Big win in Sydney and a good win in Brisbane yesterday too.

5 Likes

I agree, she adds such a great energy. I hope they utilise Brooke to her full capacity because I think she should be doing more than just entertainment. Over summer, let her fill-in in on the news and possibly even co-host.

Great to have Tony on as he adds so much to the chemistry of the team and their discussions.

The success in Sydney is obviously credited to Deb and Georgie hosting. Given they were both anchors on the city’s number 1 news, has obviously resonated with that market to switch back.

Good to hear that the Brisbane market was up yesterday too. It was the show’s best market last year.

4 Likes

Only 13,000 separated Sunrise and Today.

5 Likes

Interesting results in Qld…
7News is number one in Brisbane and traditionally very strong across Qld.
Brisbane and Qld was the first market where “the switch” to Sunrise happened back in 2003/4.

3 Likes

Totally agree. Brooke is absolutely fantastic and the overall vibe amongst the team is far better. She deserves a bigger role within the Nine Network IMO, so much potential and very likeable.

In regards to Tony, I think his main role is to start the week off with a look ahead to sports and wrap it up on Friday with an outlook to the weekend. I don’t think he’s a sports presenter for the show like Tim Gilbert was, but rather just doing the highlights and outlooks for the week and weekends.

3 Likes

It’s been 1 day, so I think we cant make judgements on that. Other than the fact that Nine News QLD has won a few nights and 7 won a few nights prior to being number 1.

I think it’s got something more to do with programming on the previous night and whether people are switching channels.

2 Likes

You could be right.
But there was also a time not that long ago when Today never won a day in Brisbane.

I like TJ, he’s a pot stirrer that one. I think he’s personality suits this kind of show rather than just doing news reading.

5 Likes

I really like Brooke. She will definitely go places within Nine, like Edwina Bartholomew. Had a great insight, and she certainly didn’t hold back (which is good!).

I am starting to warm to Tony.

2 Likes

Great discussion and it has sparked a lot of debate on social media.

2 Likes

Weekend’s official logo

7 Likes

I think Spartan Australia hurt her a bit and it wasn’t hers nor Hamish’s fault.

Do we expect Weekend Today to be live from Melbourne throughout the Australian Open?

1 Like

We do expect it because in the announcement they said they would be. (And Alli and Jane mentioned it last Sunday morning :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Well done to the new Today Show with yesterday’s ratings, very close with Sunrise.

6 Likes

And unfortunately she is learning to deal with some trolls on social media today.

1 Like

Brooke Boney told on Today Show that she didnt want to celebrate on the 26 January.