Today (2015-Sept 2020)

I agree, but the program would still be produced for the better part of the year. It would almost be a 365 day commitment.

Totally agree! :+1:

It’s a marathon not sprint, so there’s really no need to freak out if ratings are only slightly better than before for the first two years or so.

But I will admit, there needs to be significant format change on Today come Jan 28 in terms of stories, segments and tone of the show.

4 Likes

I really hope they let Brooke spread her wings. She could be a future host if done right.

4 Likes

Tend to agree with the other comments earlier.

Rather than launch Jan 14, they should have gone on the 28th, following a big advertising campaign with the new team showing what’s changed and what the show “stands for”. And gone with a stripped back version with different hosts for these couple of weeks and still been live at the tennis (with lots of previews of the new team etc).

Today should of launched with a proper sports presenter rather than hiring Tony Jones for Mons and Fri.

Interesting to see how the rating will be once they are back in Sydney and in 3-6 months time…

1 Like

Rebecca Madden did read the news for Sunrise from time to time but don’t think she would move to Sydney after giving birth to her 1st child.

Erin Molan or an NRL presenter is another choice.

The problem with that notion is Steve Burling (Today’s new EP) has already placed a target on the show’s back by setting a highly unrealistic six-month ratings goal. Such an attitude/mindset indicates that they don’t want to be waiting long to see improvements in the show’s performance

1 Like

Sounds very much to me like a Wake Up situation.

1 Like
1 Like

I suspect that every executive, regardless of the program, would say this of their show when asked about competition. Realistically, he and his bosses most likely understand that these things don’t change overnight.

1 Like

There’s a difference between what you said and Burling’s comments

Going in with the big guns. But why put on the two most dislikeable people to have a sensible debate? They’re both so far one way on opposite ends.

Unlikeable

The definition of dislikeable in the dictionary is not capable of being considered pleasant or agreeable.

Isn’t that the point?

It does take time to change routines especially break bad viewing habits. :wink: Today is in it for the long haul.

1 Like

Dickie, Dickie, Dickie… the Theon Greyjoy of Today. Survives the bloodbath but loses his manhood in the process.

They still called him Dickie. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But how long did it take for viewers to switch to Sunrise when it entered the market I suppose was "dominated"by TODAY back then.