Today (2015-Sept 2020)

“It appears” :joy:

2 Likes

What Do You Think Y’all. This is the official logo Of Today & Today Extra

9 Likes

Gross. Disgusting. Hideous.

10 Likes

I don’t mind this, it’s better then the orange dome.

3 Likes

Looks like a Perfume bottle. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In all seriousness, I’ve always hated the lowercase logo, looks disgusting, off putting and doesn’t make any since, especially how the “y” awkwardly eclipses the stroke. Uppercase would be much better in my opinion.

Logo looks great. Ya’ll freak out and whinge whenever there’s a presentation change and when that’s not happening, people complain there hasn’t been enough changes.

14 Likes

If the pattern is just used as more of a backdrop, then the logo is fine. Happy they removed the orange part of the current logo.

If the actual new logo is square like that, then I’m not overly thrilled :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Maybe, but people are allowed to have an opinion on presentation changes. In fact, being cynical about presentation changes is one of the major reasons why this forum exists :grinning:

4 Likes

Today from Chanel No. 9. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

As time and time before, let’s just wait to see what is happening. Patience people. Getting really tired of people judging things from one image.

18 Likes

It would be really weird for Nine to announce Tony Jones as the Today sports news reader then for him to only do that on Monday and Friday. Why bother making a big deal out of a part-time role.

5 Likes

Brenton Ragless says Nine never formally offered him the role vacated by Karl Stefanovic.

“I expressed my thoughts about the whole thing but there was no formal offer. There’s never actually been any formal offer,” he explained. “The choice was not mine to make and I’m grateful for that.

1 Like

I really can’t see this new format working. I give it 3-4 months until further changes are made.

It seems too rushed.

1 Like

But you haven’t even seen it yet.

13 Likes

They didn’t really make a big deal out of it, just enough to attract some audiences from Melbourne. Only Tom is the one featured alongside the main hosts.

I don’t like the logo but I really like those grey rays with the orage tinge in the background.

I’m aware. Thoughts can change, but from what we’ve heard, doesn’t sound promising.

2 Likes

What’s the format?

2 Likes

This is interesting from that article also:

Today will read sport from their Sydney desk on Tuesday – Thursdays with Jones stepping in for big AFL news.

Lol what is the format you’ve seen? We don’t know anything other than the presenters. The old format wasn’t working so what has changed about this new one that won’t work for you? Too many people on this forum who doom things because it isn’t what they think should have happened as if they’re some sort of high paid TV exec.

3 Likes