Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Deb has been an asset to the network from the day she joined Nine in 2011.
I’m really glad she finally got the role she deserved a long time ago.

8 Likes

I’m really surprised there’s been nothing about weather. It must be because Natalia is on leave and legally can’t do anything yet? Or maybe they don’t intend on having one at all?

Most of the panning is re Tim Gilbert being given the boot.

30-year-old female here. Love the Georgie/Deb combo — I’ll definitelt switch on for that. Can’t say I’m thrilled about Tom. I never warmed to him on Weekend Today. He strikes me as a bit full of himself. I wonder if other women get the same vibe? Still, happy to give him a chance in the newsreader role!

6 Likes

Seems quite messy having Tony Jones Tues-Thurs, I don’t like that at all. The Today Extra hosting situation is also messy.

Apart from that, Georgie and Deb will make a good duo, will it be enough of a point of difference? Time will tell…

Tony is Monday to Friday he’s just in Melbourne on Monday and Friday. He’s in studio Tuesday - Thursday.

1 Like

Neither is the Nine Network in general, am I right? :slight_smile:

Anyway, it would not overly surprise me if the Sports presenting role on Today is eventually between Tony Jones and other Nine sports presenters like Erin Molan (Nine’s golden girl, kind of surprised that she didn’t get the position with there being no NRL Footy Show in 2019), James Bracey, Clint Stanaway and Rob Canning.

Let’s just hope that this time, Nine will stick with Deborah Knight in this position as the new co-presenter of Today because as we all know, she’s been shafted by the network on at least three occasions!

2 Likes

Are you assuming this or has it specifically been stated somewhere? I think Tony Jones is continuing as sports presenter on the Melbourne bulletin and just doing Today Monday and Friday. I just can’t see him relinquishing the 6pm job and I can’t see him based in Sydney Tuesday to Thursday.

2 Likes

@killy06 said it’s in the pay-walled Herald Sun article.

This is the passage that refers to Tony Jones:

As part of the Today revolution, Melbourne journalist Tony Jones will replace Tim Gilbert as the show’s sports presenter. Jones will present sport from Today ’s Melbourne studios on Mondays and Fridays.

No mention in that article about Tuesday-Thursday,

5 Likes

He says it about 15 or so posts above.

I’ve seen his post and I’ve read the Herald Sun article. I don’t see any reference to Jones being in Sydney Tuesday to Thursday.

4 Likes

Ask him then.

The old hag Annette Sharp must be wondering which one to tear down next. My money is on Steinfort.

I agree that the situation with Tony Jones is odd.

I can’t see him flying back to Melbourne on Tues-Thurs to read the sport in Melbourne.
Either he is ONLY doing Mon and Fri, or they are getting a new sports presenter in Melbourne for Tues-Thurs.
??

1 Like

Will be interesting to see what comes now in terms of the format. Ultimately, if they keep on keeping on then nothing will change. New hosts is not really an incentive enough to stick around unless the product is something that people want to watch. Time will tell.

4 Likes

Cat fights between females sells mags! :roll_eyes:

They are promising changes with Burling saying that you will be able to notice the difference.

Lol

14 Likes

They’re probably still trying to sign Lee Lin Chin has the new weather presenter.

image https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcREVk4jydcSA7aWTJK93tnikdbsSubjfwnm88kFkLxWJiBsmlN7

5 Likes

She may have been 12 months ago, however, a lot of the blame for the demise of the NRL Footy Show has been unfairly directed at her.

Besides, as a new mother, 4am starts probably aren’t her preferred option.

2 Likes