Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Take gardening leave while he negotiates a deal with Seven to replace Kochie in 2020. :wink:

4 Likes

Well I think we all knew this was comingā€¦ It was just a matter of who was going to make the move and Nine clearly did.

Will be interesting to see the replacement of him. I could see Today going with a 2 female lead but time will tell.

3 Likes

Is this a joke or actual wish?

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Adelaideā€™s Brenton Ragless is brought in to replace Karl. Heā€™s been used a number of times when Karlā€™s been on holidays and media coverage has appeared positive whenever Brenton has been on.

Ten going 3rd time lucky

1 Like

I mean, is this something actual or just a wish?

A fanboy dream.

5 Likes

I think that would be good. I had been thinking Gardner and Knight, but Iā€™m now thinking Knight and Vo.

3 Likes

Karl Stefanovic started Today show in 2005, when he replaced Steve Liebmann (as he had to retire from breakfast television). He first co-hosted Today with Jessica Rowe during his first year. Jessica Rowe, departed from Nine in 2006 to head off to TEN. In 2007, Lisa Wilkinson replaced Rowe as co-host. The partnership lasted for aboiut 10 years with Lisa suddenly leaving Nine.
With Karl and Peter been dumped from Today, it has been a big day at Channel Nine. Itā€™s been tough for Stefanovic brothers. Karl leaves today, will he still plan to host This Time Next Year in 2019?

The press release said he is still hosting it.

That would be great.

Gardner and Knight would be gold.

Deb could do Tuesday-Friday in addition to Nine News (with someone like Allison Langdon or Tom Steinfort to do Mondays with Georgie). Problem solved.

1 Like

I think that could work.

A turbulent year for all the Stefanovics. Will they go for the hat trick and announce Sylvia Jeffreys is out tomorrow? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Yes, yes. For the love of god, YES!!!

I agree, itā€™s probably for the best that Karl takes a break from his media career to focus on other aspects of his life for a while.

If you ask me, that role should be given to this guy:

PeterOverton

Who here really wants to see the current 3rd in-line presenter of Nine News Sydney become the 2nd in-line? :confused:

1 Like

I just made an adjustment to my earlier comment. If it was to happen, I would have Deb do both but do 4 days on Today rather than 5 (sort of what GG used to do).

1 Like

It was inevitable. Karl wonā€™t get the chance to say goodbye to viewers.

Oh my.

Female co-anchors would be an interesting moveā€¦ easier now because of developments in the USā€¦ but Iā€™m not convinced itā€™s a step Australian nedia execs are prepared to take.

I reckon it could work but like management I would like to see some extensive research into audience reaction.

Maybe summer is the perfect time to fly a kite?

2 Likes

Any Sydney based members want to attempt to gate crash a boning party that should be happening in a certain Cremorne mansion tonight?

1 Like

News.com.au can be so cruel.

KARL STEFANOVIC AXED: Today show host dumped while on his honeymoon

After a difficult year and feverish speculation about his future, the Nine Network has confirmed that Karl Stefanovic has been dumped from its struggling breakfast TV show.

1 Like