Today (2015-Sept 2020)

The references to being “out of contract” are a little misleading.

Under Australian employment law if you have been renewed once you can’t just be let go at the end of any subsequent contract.

You have, what is termed, an expectation of ongoing employment. So, if effect, you are staff and can’t be let go for no reason regardless of whether you sign however many contracts in the future.

You can be let go without cause or reason at the end of the first contract only.

You can of course still be sacked for cause or made redundant,

Good. One down, one to go.

4 Likes

TV networks are good at firing people while they’re on holidays. I don’t think Peter would have any clout at 7 or 10. So who knows what he plans on doing. I have a feeling Karl might be gone after he films the 2nd part of This Time Next Year.

Yeah, sure. Vo came to prominence on television in Sydney.

1 Like

I can’t see Seven wanting him… Ten, yes.

2 Likes

Maybe as a fill-in for The Project, but would he be happy doing field reporting for 10 News? And at what cost for a high profile reporter.

I daresay P. Stefanovic will have to leave our shores if he wants to continue with a career in broadcast journalism. It was the path taken by the likes of Stan Grant and Anna Coren following the negative publicity they attracted in the past. The Uber thing was bad enough but he’ll forever be tarred with the same brush while the Karl soap opera continues to attract attention and I can’t see that ending anytime soon.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him take on a media and communications role with either a state or federal government minister or department.

Strange that Nine turfed him a week before Christmas when they made a song and dance on the Sydney news last week about stadium maintenance staff being sacked at this time of year due to the controversial Allianz Stadium demolition.

9 Likes

There is no right Stefanovic. :wink: One down. One to go.

2 Likes

The coverage across social/mags/papers around the whole family and ex family is out of control at the moment.

An EP nightmare.

He needs to be pulled ASAP, however might be worthwhile letting the storm settle first. Give it a few weeks.

I don’t see it slowing down, fairly obvious Cass wants him given the boot and she might win that game.

I’m not overly convinced with Ragless. Is there anyone else out there?

I personally like Cam Williams. He was really good in the Weekend Today role.

You don’t want to replace one host with baggage with another with even more baggage.

What baggage does Cameron have?

Google it. He’s had a very colourful past.

3 Likes

Oh okay, I didn’t know that.

There really is no one to take over.

They’ll have to look at another network then.

1 Like

He was hot as a centrefold though :slight_smile:

An important quality for a job in journalism. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I suspect Nine also wouldn’t want to mess too much with a ratings winning formula for their Sydney 6pm news. Today only got away with picking up Georgie because Deb was next in-line and the ratings held up well whenever she filled in for GG or Pete.

Another terrible number yesterday - just 1000 ahead of this year’s lowest number.

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/tuesday-18-december-2018/6782/5?u=tv.cynic

1 Like

With Pete gone I don’t think Sylvia will be feeling very safe now. What I don’t get is why is the show or Nine social media team putting up all these old funny clips from the show (with or without Lisa) but the current show that goes to air now doesn’t have any of that anymore. Its weird promoting an old product?

1 Like

Nine really needs to do what worked well with them for Lisa and poach someone (maybe two hosts). Put a bomb under the show. The show isn’t completely in the tank but it’s not far away.

1 Like