Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Monday -
Natalia Cooper reading news with Sylvia presenting weather from Bratislava,Slovakia.

Natalia and Sylvia have done a job swap this week.

2 Likes

I find this interesting- they both actually do better in each others’ job. I suspect Natalia will be desk bound over summer this year until she goes on maternity leave.

5 Likes

But News.com.au has made speculations that Karl Stefanovic was going to be axed from Today Show due to decline in ratings

2 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/channel-9-adelaide-newsreader-brenton-ragless-among-favourites-to-replace-karl-stefanovic/news-story/c167d834066920192fbfa0f446dc63d6

1 Like

That video is from September 2017.

I see a line in TV Tonight ratings article for Tuesday regarding Today’s ratings being below 200,000. Looks like a situation of a “cut and paste” error from the previous Tuesday when that happened. Yesterday’s number was well above that.

1 Like

MediaWeek has published the ratings for the past three days.

https://mediaweek.com.au/morning-report-archive/september-26-2018/#

1 Like

A bit of a rareity today- a live musical performance from Vance Joy.

Today’s inability to lure key talent I think has contributed to Today’s ratings spiraling.

There is a new endtag on their promos, just wish they would use it on air over the stripes:

3 Likes

Thursday -
Christine Ahern presenting sport from Melbourne, Tim is off sick.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yikes. All the best to him in recovery.

2 Likes

Friday (28.09.2018): Tony Jones is presenting sport this morning as Tim is off sick, live from Melbourne. Natalia Cooper is still reading the news and Sylvia Jeffreys is on weather duties.
__

Missed opportunity not to try and gain rapport again with their Melbourne audience by not doing an OB ahead of the AFL Grand Final. I know Nine don’t hold the airing rights but Today needs to be seen as going above and beyond. They could have had all the guests that appeared on the Foty Show last night, with a little disclaimer, had they done it. Today was there last year, ironically Tim was away too.

4 Likes

1 Like

I think it’s clear why Today is losing Melbourne. Sunrise have put together a great show this morning. (Really tapping into the local market)

Today needs to do an OB for the Melbourne Cup.

1 Like

Today approx 95,000 behind Sunrise on Thursday morning.

5 Likes

Lara Vella presenting the weather this weekend.

2 Likes

From the Weekend Today’s Promo

5 Likes

What’s this article Annette Sharp wrote today that’s behind a pay wall? Anyone PM me it please? Not gonna pay to read her dross.

1 Like