Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Today Perth News is returning on Monday promo just aired. Presenter is Louise Momber. Will be interesting because sometimes Rob Scott (her husband) fills in on Sunrise Perth News

10 Likes

Rob very very rarely fills in.

Wonder who gets the weekend gig permanently now? Id say Alice who’s been presenting mostly of late.

Thursday:

1 Like

Madeline Slattery is presenting the weather from Fiji today.

3 Likes

Noticed some graphical glitches on Nine Melbourne when they returned from break at around 8:20am. Nine watermark is also missing.

1 Like

Once you see the ‘s’, you’ll never unsee it :joy::

8 Likes

That’s a revolting logo, looks all warped and out of proportion

6 Likes

Today Perth News with Louise Momber:

10 Likes

probably work experience kids.

Why does the Perth Today Show logo have a harsh drop shadow where the clock sits? You would think they would have access to the one Sydney uses.

1 Like

speaking of the Grill. Is it gone for good now?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it since late-December, so I’d say so

Aislin Kriukelis is presenting Tuesday weather.

1 Like

They have basically used the rotating circles from ACA.
That’s terrible.

Will Today be doing anything particularly significant with the PeyongChang Winter Olympics?

Journos on the ground, specials, coups?

To try and counter-act Sunrise’s coverage (as Seven holds broadcast rights).

Though I was wondering if they’re allowed to? This query goes for Ten as well.

I’m sure the usual broadcasting rules for non-rights holders will apply for PeyongChang 2018.

1 Like

Does this mean all networks in Australia (FTA and STV) must show Seven’s coverage and watermark during news etc, as opppsed to taking from an overseas broadcaster (NBC, ESPN, etc)?

I notice (like Rio 2016) all footage from PeyongChang has a “7 Olympics” bug attached, as seen on Seven Morning News.

They’re touting how they will have Clint Eastwoods son live in the studio for his new film. You would think with Richard Wilkins connections spanning decades they could get some higher profile guests? Sunrise seems to get everyone. Is it the location?

1 Like

Not the thread for it, but yes.

Non-rights holding broadcasters must show only content from the rights holding broadcaster in their territory. Nine will only be able to show a maximum of six minutes of Olympic coverage a day and any reporters they send will not be allowed in venues.

4 Likes

Aislin presenting again this morning.

1 Like