Today (2015-Sept 2020)

TODAY HITS THE ROAD WITH A NEW ‘WE LOVE AUSTRALIA’ ADVENTURE

MONDAY 25 SEPTEMBER – CAIRNS, QLD
TUESDAY 26 SEPTEMBER – 1770, QLD
WEDNESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER – GRIFFITH, NSW
THURSDAY 28 SEPTEMBER – YARRA VALLEY, VIC
FRIDAY 29 SEPTEMBER – TWEED VALLEY, NSW

The TODAY team will have an extra spring in their step from Monday, September 25, as they celebrate the warmer season with a massive new WE LOVE AUSTRALIA adventure.

Kicking off in sun-drenched Cairns and making its way down south to the Yarra Valley with a performance by Kate Ceberano, the week-long broadcast will finish where so many family holiday memories have been made – Tweed Valley on the NSW Far Coast.

There will be loads of competitions, including your chance to win tickets to see Elton John live during his upcoming Australian tour.

Karl, Lisa, Richard, Sylvia and Natalia will kick off the week in Cairns, in Tropical North Queensland, where Karl will take on the ultimate dare – bungy jumping in the rainforest canopy. Lisa and Sylvia jet-ski with crocodiles, and you can’t say you’ve visited Queensland without witnessing a Cane Toad race!

The team will then travel down the beautiful Queensland coast to the historical town of 1770 near Gladstone. Dog trainer Chris de Aboitiz will have a crack at breaking a World Record by paddling his stand-up paddleboard with 26 dogs. Karl and Dickie explore the area by taking to the streets on Harley inspired motorbikes, and they’ll also try their hand at offshore fishing.

On Wednesday, the gang is off to Griffith in the scenic NSW Riverina. Known as the food bowl of Australia, we’ll take viewers on a tour of the region including into one of the world’s most successful wineries, Casella Winery; an almond farm; feeding the lions at the Altina Wildlife Park, and we’ll celebrate all things Italian with a street festival and make a giant pizza.

From the food bowl to one of Australia’s premier wine regions, the gang will experience the wonders of the Yarra Valley in Victoria. From the breathtaking views at Lake Mountain to the unforgettable animal encounters at Healesville Sanctuary, we’ll be discovering everything the region has to offer, live from Levantine Estate in the heart of Victoria’s wine country.

Find out if Karl and Lisa can handle the heat in the kitchen at the hatted Ezard restaurant, there will be a live performance from Kate Ceberano, an interview with comedy legend Michael Veitch.

TODAY will end the week in the stunning coastal holiday region of Tweed Valley, on the NSW far north coast. Karl, Lisa and Richard will be live from the Tweed Regional Gallery, while we cross to Melbourne for the latest on the footy finals. With special guests including local actor Nicholas Hamilton, currently starring in Hollywood thriller IT, the gang will be exploring the best of what the region has to offer. Dickie helps out at a kids art workshop and local circus, while Karl and Lisa learn the art of pottery.

Lisa Wilkinson said: “We always love getting out of the studio and into the very places that make Australia the great country it is. It’s such a fantastic time of the year to get out and explore, and although I’m looking forward to seeing all the diverse towns and cities, I’m looking very forward to enjoying a sneaky Yarra Valley pinot.”

Karl Stefanovic said: “We know how good Australia is, but seriously, how good is Australia! Sun, beaches, wine, pizza, and five very different places that sum up the spirit of our great country. Can’t wait to hit the road and meet more of our amazing viewers. We want everybody to join us – and the drinks are on Dickie!”

And it wouldn’t be the TODAY Show without a whole heap of competitions. As well as the hugely popular Cash-A-Roo calls and Dickie’s Double Dip, there will be cash prizes in the Captain Cook Treasure Hunt in 1770.

TODAY would like to thank the following sponsors for making this WE LOVE AUSTRALIA trip possible: Gladstone Regional Council, Tourism and Events QLD, Destination NSW, Visit Victoria, Griffith City Council, Community of Griffith

3 Likes

6 Likes

We love everywhere except for those in Adelaide and Perth.

6 Likes

At least Today are going into regional Australia for their latest week of “We Love Australia” OBs rather than doing Sydney and the Gold Coast (granted, that the Tweed Valley isn’t overly far from there) for the umpteenth time.

I agree they should go to SA or WA at some point in the future although I’m sure a little thing called the time difference (especially in the case of WA, having darkness for most of the show doesn’t make for great TV) makes it less appealing to visit those states.

4 Likes

They do SA a lot, they have done I think Broome in WA once but it was pitch black the entire show, so they had to cut to previous video packages of stuff they did the day before.

2 Likes

Monday (25.09.2017)- Thursday (28.09.2017): Erin Molan is presenting sport (in studio). With Sylvia on the WLA OB tour, Deborah Knight is reading the news in studio this week.

1 Like

Warning contains images of Today hosts attempting to look “cool” - cannot be unseen.

Other images from Cairns

9 Likes

3 Likes

That shot with the hosts fenced off and singing is so cringe.

3 Likes

What I’m finding quite odd is how Today is now having someone else read the news & sport in the studio. Correct me if I’m wrong but I do remember a few years back when they did a tour… Sylvia & Tim did read news/sport.

5 Likes

Usually, Today have had the news read in studio for years. I remember that we whinged when Georgie was in-studio whilst the rest were on location and that Today should “do what Sunrise does”.

However, this method prevents employing an additional person to supervise in case of a tech glitch. Also, people pulling faces during a death story isn’t appropriate either.

6 Likes

also the delay is noticeable. I didn’t realize these places they visit have to pay the show a retainer? No wonder they love Australia a lot lol

How is this real? Commercial networks are at a race to beat each other with the most viewers each day but they seem to be losing sight that over the long-term viewers are switching off because of trash like this.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Sunrise is just as bad - it has been over 3 months since either program had an episode that rated 300,000 or more!

2 Likes

Ahead of Sunrise’s MCG announcement earlier this week, Today has made a few adjustments tomorrow:

5 Likes

Maybe Deb will be given the day off considering she has worked 8 days straight.

3 Likes

Friday (29.09.2017): The team are live in Richmond ahead of the AFL Grand Final.

Tom Steinfort is presenting sport alongside the team this morning. Sylvia Jeffreys is reading the news in-studio.

2 Likes

And Natalia Cooper is doing the weather from Townsville, with a few locals preparing a sausage sizzle at 5.35am

Are the transitions at the start of this video new? Not surprised that this unnecessary ‘FIRST FOR NEWS’ shit has made it’s way into The Today Show

2 Likes

And once Sunrise used to rate near or over 400k. Admittedly Today was weaker then, but they also had the Mel and Kochie chemistry going on…

2 Likes