Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Tim Gilbert is returning to the show on Monday.

3 Likes

Allison Langdon and Jayne Azzopardi are hosting this morning with Mark Burrows presenting the news.

2 Likes

Jayne also reading sport and Alice Monfries presenting the weather this Sunday.

1 Like

God forbid someone is eating breakfast at 6:36am

4 Likes

Erin Molan was in Melbourne arena and hosting fast5 netball series

Allison said it was last minute so both the Stefanovic’s are enduring man flu by the looks.

She looks very tired. I assume a well deserved break after weeks of travelling and rolling coverage is on thr cards.

3 Likes

Deb Knight is reading news with Sylvia in New Zealand for the Royal Tour.

4 Likes

Ben Fordham has told The Daily Telegraph “I have no intentions of going back to Today”. He is happy waking up with his family every morning. That should put an end to the stupid ‘will Fordham replace Stefanovic’ rumours.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/ben-fordham-addresses-rumours-hell-return-to-the-today-show/news-story/3df23669d1c185c790560e4429eef2ad

4 Likes

But then again Georgie said the same thing until they offered her a shedload of money. :wink:

9 Likes

Nay, only the beginning. I don’t think channel 9 will fire him or whatever since they didn’t do shit for the whole jacketgate thing last year lmao.

I do think that Karl needs to be wheeled out for some rolling or breaking coverage so then people will see that he can be serious and is a good asset for the network and news in general. I remember how good his reports on the 2011 Japanese Earthquake/Tsunami were as well as the Christchurch Earthquake and the 2014 MH370/17 incidents were. But now it seems they’re using Peter ‘Petey’ Overton for all of this now.

2 Likes

Not to mention Sonia Kruger’s comments about Muslims, Tara Brown and her debacle of a 60 Minutes report, etc.

Peter Overton a far better newsreader/presenter than Karl Stevanovic (surely most people on this forum agree?), so I can understand why Nine would want to position Pete as their main go-to guy for major national coverage instead of Karl.

2 Likes

This would have been the perfect opportunity to add some fun to the show and dress up for Halloween like they do on the US Today show but it seems that sort of stuff doesn’t happen anymore.

2 Likes

But we’re not in America so not necessary.

7 Likes

from memory, didn’t Sunrise do an Indiana Jones dress up once (for Halloween or a new movie) then have to quickly change into normal clothes once a breaking story emerged? I may be crossing two stories here but regardless,no.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s highly risky with breaking news and not a good look for a news program.

3 Likes

You always have an opposing argument to anything I post. It doesn’t matter what it is. Does that get tiring?

Yeah Today dressed up for 80s show once and a breaking news story about a school bus crash happened like 5 mins later. Still its not just a news show.

1 Like

Agree on the not just a news show element, but it’s always fraught with risk

We’re still allowed to have differing opinions. What does that tell you about your ideas?

Exactly. It’s difficult to be serious when you need to.

Gotta have a dedicated newsreader with a delineated role. Having the newsreader in with the hosts as the third talent muddles things when it comes to breaking news production. Ah, the days of Roscoe.

1 Like

How many times they gonna bring in dogs to the set this year? I think they do it every 2 weeks now?