Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Deb is on holidays in Hong Kong.

4 Likes

With Deb on holidays Wendy Kingston will also be back next weekend.

4 Likes

Alicia Loxley reading news in the studio with Karl & Lisa hosting from Bowral.

3 Likes

Why was the empty chair in frame?

Surely Alicia was in the Melbourne studio in front of a screen? They wouldn’t have flown her to Sydney to do the news.

4 Likes

Just to balance it out, posting this one in the Today thread.

2 Likes

[quote=“Drew_1981, post:1430, topic:101, full:true”]
Surely Alicia was in the Melbourne studio in front of a screen? They wouldn’t have flown her to Sydney to do the news.
[/quote] It seems logical for her to present the news from GTV but by the looks, Alicia was in studio 24 and caught the flight from Melbourne to Sydney with Brett McLeod.

TBH, if either Today or Sunrise had flood coverage today, I would have vomitted. I have experienced the effects of both Larry and Yasi but Debbie’s rolling news coverage from sunrise to sunset was totally and utterly irrelevant. They had no new information and recycled the same news and pictures for hours on end. Would viewers have preferred if Today was in studio this morning?

6 Likes

Agreed!!

5 Likes

i fully agree . im glad there not doing anymore live shows from the cyclones or the floods . im sick and tired of it all and if it kept on going i would have turned the tv off completely and i know others would have done it 2

2 Likes

I would of thought Alicia would of presented the news from Melbourne… after flying back on Friday only for 2 days then to return last night… I find it highly unlikely. Again I could be wrong.

Yeah. Just stick your fingers in your ears and sing "la la la* you heartless bastard. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s ignore one of Australia’s worst disasters in history and go on holidays instead and have some fun. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Look. I’ve truly had enough of all of yous criticizing both Sunrise and Today for doing what they are doing. If they were as bad as u guys think then why would they even bother to cover the cyclone last week? Granted, they probably should’ve covered the floods anyway, but I still think that you guys are taking it too far and making such a big fuss.

All of uz? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Presumably these decisions aren’t made a few days in advance. It’s more likely they’re organised weeks or months in advance, and can’t be easily undone. Perhaps the cyclone should have had better timing or something, but the bitching seems rather unnecessary.

2 Likes

Judging by her instagram, Alicia is in Melbourne. Just as easy to check social media than make (oddly specific) stabs in the dark. :wink:

This would suggest that any comments made were unwarranted, which I don’t think is right - everything said was in line - not complaining (well some was) but mostly it was constructive criticism.

3 Likes

Pointing out the failing of these two so-called news programs is not bitching.

As if. They can ignore what the audience thinks at their own peril.

1 Like

Which is what Today does well, which could be one of their main downfalls.

2 Likes

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:8, topic:2802, full:true”]
Viewers switched off Sunrise in Hawaii yesterday with Today 20,000 ahead. One of its lowest numbers this survey.
[/quote] .

Adam Boland speaks out about Cyclone Debbie’s rolling coverage on breakfast television.

3 Likes