Tipping Point

From Nine today:

Tipping Point was the No. 1 afternoon game show across Australia and in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. It secured a National Total TV Reach of 1.105 million and a Total TV National Audience of 580,000, representing a 35.3% timeslot lift when compared to the corresponding day last year. In Regional Australia, the timeslot lift was 50.3% year-on-year.

5 Likes

Good to see Tipping Point is doing well in the ratings, despite some of the negative commentary/reviews I have seen online.

Always good to test out a new format, as viewers would’ve done when Seven unveiled The Chase Australia in 2015 (which has more questions asked in a single episode than one ep of Hot Seat did, following its reformat in 2017).

1 Like

Extremely positive for Nine. Can only hope it maintains/increases this lift throughout the year.

3 Likes

Surely, it’ll move to 5pm in Perth?

1 Like

I thought the 5 city metro wasn’t relevant anymore. That’s what the networks want us to think isn’t it?

2 Likes

Big result on Monday - biggest audience since the first episode of this year.

7 Likes

Woodbridge has posted a bit to his social media recently, namely Instagram, relating to TP. Some talking about “thanks for watching” or “success” including an article from veteran scribe Scott Ellis (was on Nine’s books as a Block producer lately) on his career ‘pivot’ and adding a network 6pm lead-in game show to his CV.

Wonder if he had a few inside Nine informing him about last week’s big ratings results.

2 Likes

Looks like from Monday March 18 they’ll be bringing Perth in line with the rest of the country with Tipping Point at 5pm and the afternoon news at 4pm.

7 Likes

Confirmation of the above info:

Schedule align with eastern states next week

6 Likes

This will be extremely interesting to monitor. Imagine if Nine could crack the 6pm news in Perth.

3 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It will be interesting to see how and when the promos are run. Do Nine wait until Friday and say tune in next week and run saturation promos over the weekend or potentially confuse viewers with promos this week saying “from 18 March”.

Edit: Stand by - promo come up.

Was that required?

Agree, even if Nine can beat The Chase at 5pm with Tipping Point in Perth (which they’ve got to do first), I think there’s still going to be a large ‘switch over’ factor at 6pm to Seven, as long as Rick and Sue are at the desk.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Sorry. Am i missing something? Linking the post to an article is now bad?

Anyway… i hope this is a good move from Nine to Perth viewers. They better promote it a lot this coming week

3 Likes

The article is just reiterating what is in the schedule. So the question, did the official Nine schedule need confirmation.

Having the day off yesterday, got to watch TP UK and AU on Nine in full.
I now prefer the AU version.
The audience really uplifts the show and Jackpot Temptation is a welcome addition over the UK version which can end on such a low note.
Also think Todd is a great host.

5 Likes

In Perth yesterday; Tipping Point at 4pm 33k, 9News at 5pm 27k broadcast TV.

5 Likes

I wonder if Nine already filmed that promo ages ago, in readiness for a move, must’ve been confident. If not, maybe recently and the decision was already done prior to today. Highly doubt that was recorded earlier today or even yesterday (PH)

Yesterday wasn’t a public holiday in Perth?