Ticker News

Hey all thought you might be keen to see our new digs for Ticker. After seven months broadcasting from a cowering office we decided to go our own way and move to Richmond.

We took possession of the warehouse/office two weeks ago and have been working frantically to cable and construct.

The idea behind the design was to reflect the startup community we are part of, but keep to the classics of open newsrooms. On the left of the newsroom pic you’ll see a plasma with live Google trends. So we can always see what people are looking up.

Social media is a huge part of what we do. I wanted the warehouse/NYC vibe so we literally made those pillars that box in the newsroom.

Hope you like!

15 Likes

Very impressive, can’t wait to see how it looks on air. All that in 2 weeks is a tremendous effort, well done. You should be incredibly proud of it all.

2 Likes

Wonderful effort @Ahron, amazing what can be done in a fortnight.

Are you busier than ever and has the audience grown with the current crisis?

1 Like

Yeh a crazy few weeks polishing it off and completing the move, this week is about fixing tech issues and bedding it all down. It’s a constant effort to improve.

We are actually in a really good position, as we cover how business news impacts SMEs - why h is obviously on point right now.

We can also easily have our hosts broadcast from home so their shows can continue no matter what, if it comes to that.

As for audience, yep, our numbers are up. Saw our website analytics today and since Jan it’s grown 500%.

Today our new apps hit the iOS and Google Play stores. So going well.

8 Likes
2 Likes

http://www.medianet.com.au/releases/release-details.aspx/?id=930299

Media executive Rob McKnight is launching a new show that will reshape the way we get news and information.

“We’re launching a show that falls outside of the traditional broadcast restrictions – we can talk about anything and bring real opinions without fear of angry executives” says McKnight.

The Ben, Rob & Robbo Show brings McKnight plus Big Brother winner Ben Norris and much-loved journalist David “Robbo” Robinson together for a daily, Australia-centric show that will be viewed around the world.

Streaming live at 1pm Monday to Thursday on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, this original production will also air on Ticker TV, Australia’s premiere streaming news service.

3 Likes

Looks great @Ahron!

1 Like

Thanks so much. Constantly evolving and growing. Rob and the team’s show will be fantastic.

Heaps more to come.

4 Likes

Cannot wait for this!

4 Likes

@Ahron is a studio tour video on the cards soon (understandably after covid 19)? Im keen to see your setup!

5 Likes
13 Likes

Yep just got a few more things I want to finish off and then will do one for sure. We moved in as quickly as we could, and a lot to set up with two studios, so very much a work in progress.

And we have to finish off the open bar!

3 Likes

It’s looking good hey. Rob’s done a great job.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Ticker needs more asx market updates
I like it but they seem to be about stories and commentating than providing the latest financial and business info.

2 Likes

Does it have a ticker?

2 Likes

We at Ticker like to focus on ‘business lifestyle’. We’re not a strict business news channel as such

2 Likes

Hey Danny, we’ve trialled a finance ticker in the past. But it feels a bit 1990s for me. I’ve never met anyone who has actually bought stocks from looking at the bottom of the TV. Feels a bit novelty 1993.

Also these days, the only people who would watch TV for stock info would have access to the same info on their iPhone that the TV channel would be using. It’s not to say we wouldn’t run it in future for our finance shows - we have quite a few, especially if it’s sponsored.

When I watch other finance channels, like Bloomberg, Fox Biz and CNBC, it always seems a bit cluttered and I lose track of the conversation.

And yes, we have a ticker - it displays program info and latest news.

4 Likes

2 Likes

The graphics aren’t similar but this is all I can think of for some reason when I see them :joy:

6 Likes