Ticker News

Even so, the visible data across Youtube, Facebook and Twitter just doesnt stack up.

2 Likes

OK, well all I can do is put my name to those figures (which I have done) and assure you they are not made up. But as a faceless person on the internet I guess your point of view, not based on actual data, has more credibility.

I get all the figures from our multiple accounts, including Ticker TV and I have presented them. That’s all I can do really, it’s up to you if you chose not to believe me. I might have a lot of faults, but I’m generally known as being straight up with this stuff, it’s why no-one in the industry has questioned the accuracy, instead I have had congratulatory messages, whereas here I have copped nothing but scepticism.

1 Like

I think the thing is when you watch the show live the viewer counts aren’t that high. It’s great you have provided further detail around catchup, but as there is no accurate measurement system for this that people can openly see its natural people will question it. It’s the same when BVOD launched and viewing data was scarce and people were skeptical about the figures that have been provided.

As I have said before, having shows in public means there will be critics, however this is a media forum and people who are passionate about it. It’s a case where you need to not take it as a personal attack.

It’s not MediaSpy v Rob. :slight_smile:

I agree with all of this but it’s not often people put their name and personal reputation on these things, which is what I’ve done. I don’t mind being challenged but there are a few cases where i have been made to feel like a fraud and a liar.

1 Like

No one is saying you are a fraud… I think the way in which views are counted people are skeptical. I scroll through twitter and Facebook and videos auto play all the time - including TVBB videos. Does this mean that counts as a view even if it plays as someone scrolls past? I think that’s what people are asking here.

If it feels like an endless battle, then don’t reply to the messages that you feel you’re being attacked on? Simple. :slight_smile:
It’s also a case that you can’t always have everyone agree with you. It’s life.
I deal with this every day in my work. I cop it on the chin and then move on. I don’t take it personally.

I just tuned into Ticker, and I must say the newsroom set is impressive! OTS monitor is a good touch too.

1 Like

They’ve definitely made some good enhancements to their set/s recently, a big improvement.

1 Like

Nice look behind the scenes but be aware of veering into informercials in your reports.

10 Likes

Jack Nyhof - he did Geelong Community News, didn’t he? Great to see that he’s still in the biz and is now EPing Jumpstart. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there any TV listings for Ticker currently?

How many people want to listen to big brother gossip everyday?

1 Like

A really big day for us at Ticker on Monday. For the past few months we have been working on a new brand look across the whole network.

Wednesday marks our one year anniversary. What started with a 20 minute show has now expanded to 10 hours of live content a day.

We have been working on enhancing our sets in studio 1 and 2.

The graphics are very European inspired and go well beyond new opening titles. It’s top to bottom. We’re also launching a WhatsApp line for viewer feedback which goes directly to our producers.

We have been working with an international design firm in Sydney and an international branding consultant based in London.

We have a new network ID and will all launch Monday morning at 8am.

I hate to over promise and under deliver, so I’ll let you just for yourself. But I’m really happy with the results. It takes a lot of work, back and forth, to get a design right, and I think we’ve hit the mark of exactly what Ticker aspires to be.

Look forward to reading your thoughts. For those wanting to watch - download the Ticker app or watch live on the website tickertv.com.au , Youtube, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.

We looked at Australia’s current graphics and tried to do something a bit different - more European but still pops.

17 Likes

Love your passion and appreciate the support as always Leo!

3 Likes
6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing this @Ahron - any chance of naming the design firm?

1 Like

Yep it’s Lightrise.

4 Likes

Caps from Ticker Jumpstart this morning:

5 Likes

Looks really good. Only thing is the animation of the Stream Us/Talk to us combined with the Streaming News Now/Logo animation makes the screen a bit busy and is distracting…

2 Likes

Ticker Ident:

Breakfiller:

3 Likes

Looks pretty good, I thought the logo was going to be completely different but the refresh looks okay.

The Jumpstart graphics and lower thirds are giving me a 10 Breakfast vibe.

5 Likes