Ticker News

Unique viewers? That’s not too shabby to start. How are you planning on monetizing your slate of shows?

Thats Fantastic, Great Job!

1 Like

Who would be watching the BRR show?

1 Like

@Leo_Puglisi6 says he watches it every day.

That’s a given. Who’s the other 69,999?

2 Likes

No. I was answering a question. Is that a problem?

I watch it every day too.

1 Like

So an average of 14,000 a day? That’s pretty impressive given it’s only been going a few months and basically had to build an audience from scratch.

I’d be interested to know how long someone needs to watch for it to count as a view. ie 30 seconds? 5 minutes? More?

3 Likes

They actually only air Mon-Thur, so if their weekly audience is around 70,000 as Rob claims it’s a little higher at 17,500 per day.

3 Likes

Usually for Facebook it’s 3 seconds.

2 Likes

Ticker’s second set has had an upgrade.

5 Likes

I know custom made desks aren’t cheap, but a new one would’ve really made this new set better IMO.

Seven probably have a few they wouldn’t mind parting with for cheap, since they’ve recently axed a bunch of programs (Daily Edition anyone?) and need the cash.

Hopefully the sound proofing is better!

Oh its more a case of when they talk the reverb isn’t noticeable. It was pretty bad last I watched

A few of those foam soundproofing panels on the roof above the set maybe :thinking:

1 Like

I find it difficult to believe as the BRR YouTube channel only has 273 followers with live streams only attracting on average 90 views, with the snippet videos on average 10.

1 Like

The BRR are also on Facebook, Twitter and the Ticker app. I’ve only seen a handful of people watching live at the times I’ve had a look, but over the hour cumulative views on Twitter are in the hundreds, as are the views for a few of the clips. However, the odd clip does get a lot of views, such as this one late last week with almost 17,000 views.

How can a Twitter account with only 240 followers attract those sorts of views?

I follow a YouTube account in South Korea called KiSH-Log. It’s a guy who posts videos of his cat, three dogs and daughter. The account has 278,000 subscribers, yet some of the videos have less views than that, while a handful have over a million views including one that has 24 million views. From what I can see, subscribers and followers doesn’t necessarily add up to number of views.

People share links on Twitter, and that’s probably how that BRR clip got 17,000 views, I’m guessing.

As said MANY time above, we don;t rely on YouTube views due to multiple copyright claims over content.

The figure stated comes from multiple sources including ticker. Live views are just one part, catch-up plays a big role in what we do.

1 Like