Ticker News

Wow, how tone deaf can they be :roll_eyes:

It is more and more apparent that this operation is a pet project that doesn’t have any commercial backing.

7 Likes

Ahron has done a fantastic job at building Ticker up from scratch, some great content is available from them.

However, it seems Ahron has let too many people and personalities involved, meaning ideas and values clash, as seen during the “Slut” debacle. We also see a range of production values, meaning some things are right by others, and some things are not.

If I was Ahron, I would take back the rein, and hone the silly behaviour in.

8 Likes

This.

Ticker is at a critical point in their growth, this is the time when the tone and voice of the network will be set. Attract an audience by being a smart, clever and relevant source for news rather than with attention-seeking antics.

7 Likes

And they 100% have the opportunity to be, which is what makes this whole scenario so strange.

7 Likes

Well said. And I agree, overall it’s been a successful venture but as you have pointed out, moving too fast to quick can also damage the overall product.

4 Likes

iam sorry but reading what as been said on here and on his twitter what has been said about ben im finding to be true. he cant take people cristiisms well either negative or postive. and he is the reason why i stoped watching

1 Like

Yep, I agree. Didn’t see the footage myself (or have ever really tuned into the shows on Ticker, if I’m being honest) but a male TV presenter calling his female co-host a “slut” is totally unacceptable IMO.

To put things into perspective…imagine if similar commentary happened on Sunrise or Today, Kochie or Karl making such a disparaging remark about women to Sam or Alison. It’d probably be all over TV Tonight, TV Blackbox and newspapers for all the wrong reasons with the presenter who made the offensive remarks likely being out of a job within 48 hours.

7 Likes

Well said @SydneyCityTV.

More likely a sacking would be involved from nine or seven on a case of this matter.

7 Likes

Well ben does claim “I’ve been fired from every job i’ve had”.

3 Likes

I’m sure he is great and a nice guy… but that doesn’t excuse that comment, nor does it detract from his lack of experience as a presenter and host. It also isn’t all his fault - especially since I’m assuming he’s had 0 training for the job of anchoring a breakfast show.

He’s fine on TBRRS because he’s a co-host and McKnight carries that program… here it’s his job and he just isn’t cut out for it. Neither is the EP experienced enough to do the training, mentoring and guiding.

The fact that the EP thought it a good idea to make that clip a clickbait headline really flies in the face of what Ahron is trying to build, hence why it’s been removed obviously.

17 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think anyone on Media Spy is under the illusion that the broadcasting industry will ever be the same as it was in the 1980s, 1990s or even the 2000s before internet and social media rose into the beast it is now.

As for whether or not it’s still possible to be a media star and succeed, I’d probably say yes (we’ll still want people to entertain and inform us in the future) although the ways in which one needs to build their profile in 2020 are of course very different to what they were even a decade ago.

6 Likes

He’s not. He might be nice when it suits him, but he’s the type of guy who will cut and burn you as quickly as he’s been sacked from all his jobs.

He’s not. McKnight does carry that program and all Ben does is but in, cut him off and detract from everything Rob is doing.

The way this has been handled really highlights how much of a joke Ticker is at the moment. It’s just a pet project filled with bottom feeders who are willing to work for next to nothing. I’m actually embarrassed for people like Rob McKnight and Ryan Jon who are professionals with significant experience that their names are associated with this disaster. No one will remember Ticker in a couple of years after all the money has dried up.

6 Likes

Debt has to be repaid eventually

1 Like

There’s a valid space between between Nine under the glory days of Packer and unrehearsed, lowbrow amateur content that gets the 30 views it deserves. Ticker isn’t between those, it’s deep in one end.

4 Likes

Feel like that’s rather harsh. From what I’ve seen of it, there’s some decent content on Ticker - even if it’s a bit rough around the edges at times.

The big issue (as others have detailed) is their breakfast show is a train wreck which is obvious to anyone who has even had a glance of it

1 Like

Did anyone manage to grab the video before it was pulled?

1 Like

Couldn’t find the video, only the tweet from the EP (Now deleted) https://web.archive.org/web/20200620021524/https://twitter.com/Jack_Nyhof/status/1274163465142206465

I’m curious, is it youtube that flags the content originally or is it Endemol?

It’s just an internet stream though effectively, 31 has one it’s issue is sponsors not seeing any benefit to that compared to broadcast.

3 Likes