This Is Your Life

Latest update has the show now running 1 hour 45 minutes which is way too long.

8 Likes

The first episode is so long because it has so many guests.

2 Likes

I think they should have gone with a name other than Thorpey for the first episode.

1 Like

Maybe they thought it appropriate because of the Comm Games coming up?

6 Likes

Probably some form of cross promotion

Yeah I thought the same but I would say it’s got to do with the commonwealth games. I’m not sure they should have aired it before the games. It would have done better after the commonwealth games.

1 Like

You mean Sonia Kruger. She hosts everything on channel 7. She’s apparently going to be reading the news 7 days a week and also host every sports event January - December.

1 Like

I’m surprised Sonia let Mel Doyle host This Is Your Life.

5 Likes

Thank God I’m over kruger​:weary::weary:

1 Like

On Sunrise this morning.

6 Likes
5 Likes

looks like seven have gone to a bit of expense with this. big set and live band.

3 Likes

That set looks very similar to “this time next year” that Karl hosted on 9

2 Likes

Mel Doyle is great but overall this is rubbish. No need for a band. No need for the endless episode duration. No need to Ian Thorpe to be honored. He has another 50 or more years to live. It’s also meant to be a surprise. Everything about this is all wrong.

Bring back Munsey on 9. This is amateur hour.

3 Likes

^ I’m not watching but I’m not surprised by this summary.

2 Likes

We don’t need this show at all. We have Google and social media now to learn all about stars lives.

Love it. Love Mel.
Though I am waiting for them to start back at the beginning of his life. So far it’s just been his swimming achievements.
To the critics so far… we all complain about endless stripped reality, so when 7 tries a new take on an old show, and makes big event/variety tv, give it a chance.

1 Like

Someone tweeted today, shouldn’t it be a surprise who is being ‘honoured’?

Why have they announced in advance?

It’s not the first time this show has been rebooted though. The criticisms were also directed at how this has been spoilt through promotion rather than keeping the identities secret till the day which was the essence of the classic versions.

But it’s a shit take on a classic format that didn’t need to be tooled in this way. It’s shithouse. 7 are terrible at this sort of stuff.

1 Like